Chapter 10 - Faded

"Everything I do. The wear I wear my noose, like a necklace." -Billie Eilish, bellyache

(Warning, sensitive topic.)

When everyone knows you could be a death witch, or just a person with ice blue powers, the Avengers Compound is quiet.

No one cares if you have an eating disorder, or take 10 painkillers every day. 

And you've missed arguing with Tony.

You sat alone in the meeting room, a glass of water in front of you, and you spun it slowly in circles with your hand.

You looked up, imagining all of the Avengers sitting at the meeting table, laughing, talking, and arguing.

The image faded.

You stopped writing music. Refused to even look at your notebook. Refused to sing.

You were my life, but life is far away from fair.

The voice continued going through your head, making you whimper.

You're no longer my concern.

You drank your glass of water with the painkiller, and stopped the ringing in your head. 

"Y/n?"

You looked up.

Your eyes met Wanda's green eyes. She smiled weakly at you.

"You doing okay?" She asked, sitting next to you, grabbing your hand. 

"No," You stuttered, shaking your head. "The voice."

You looked at her, squinting your eyes.

"Why does your voice sound familiar?" You asked. She looked at you, confused.

"Maybe because I live in the Compound?" She said. "Y/n, are you seriously okay?"

"I have to go," You said, standing up. You needed to throw up. Feel a relieving feeling.

You walked out of the meeting room, going into the closest bathroom. 

You sighed, closed your eyes, and gagged yourself.

Your threw up into the toilet, a relieving feeling washing over your body. 

You flushed the toilet, leaning against the bathroom wall, hand on your stomach. 

You sat there for a moment. 

Up all night. On another red eye. I wish we never learned to fly.

"Who are you?" You whispered.

No response. 

You got up, washed your face, and headed towards Steve's room.

You ran into Bucky, his eyes filled with terror.

"Y/n? Y/n," He said, grabbing your shoulders. He started shaking.

"Bucky, shh, breathe," You said, leaning your forehead against his. "Talk to me. What's going on?"

"Stevie," He whispered. "Steve..."

"Bucky," You said, pulling away. "Tell me what's happening." 

"I tried to stop it..." Bucky whimpered.

"Bucky!" You said. You walked past him opening Steve's bedroom door with your powers, with a flick of your wrist.

"Y/n!" Bucky said. 

No Steve. Broken window, scattered clothes, shield indents. 

A note.

Nothing is better, sometimes. Once we've both said our goodbyes. Let's just let it go. Let me let you go. 

Come to me

Y/n

You're all I need.

Steve was gone.

And the ringing and voice in your head, was back.