Chapter 6 - misunderstood

1 year later...

"I'm bitin' my nails, I'm to young to go to jail. It's kinda funny." - Billie Eilish, bellyache

The Avengers think you're okay. The Avengers think your sickness is gone. They think it's done. But it's never done. And no one seems to notice it's still happening.

Except your boyfriend Steve Rogers. 

You had agreed to be Steve's boyfriend because he swore to be protective and loving.

And because he was your boyfriend, and he was protective, he wouldn't let you go on any missions.

But you would still throw-up when you watched what was happening on T.V., or the Avengers would come home with bad stitching injuries.

No one noticed, but Steve would always wonder why you're gone when they come home.

"Y/n! I'm back!" You heard from the bathroom.

You hurled as silently as you could into the toilet, crying silent tears.

"One-one second!" You said, before hurling again.

"Y/n? You okay?" Steve asked.

"Yeah, yeah! Don't come in!" You said.

You quickly washed your face and flushed the toilet.

Your mind flashed images on the T.V., of dead bloody bodies.

You opened the door, to see Steve still in his Captain America suit.

"You doing okay, sweetheart?" He asked. You nodded. He pulled you into a hug, the smell of sweat and dirt reflecting off him. He kissed the top of your head, caressing your back.

"Come downstairs when you're ready," He said, pulling away. He kissed you, then left your room.

You sighed, sitting down on your bed and looking at the ground of scattered Converse.

You thought for a moment, then got up, changing into a different pair of clothes.

You threw on a grey blouse, white sweatpants that said "Stark Industries" on the side, and hoop earrings.

You curled your hair into waves, then pulled on a few Avenger bracelets.

You laced up your red Converse then headed downstairs. 

Everyone sat down at the living room, and you leaned against the wall on your side, crossing your arm.

Steve looked at you the whole time, but you ignored him.

Bucky walked up to you.

"Hey bestie," You said, doing your handshake with him, playfully punching each other in the arm at the end. "How was the mission?"

"Stressful," Bucky replied. "How are you?"

You shrugged. "I've been better."

"But aren't you better?" Bucky asked.

You smiled at him. "I'm never better."

"But Tony said you're better," Bucky said, raising an eyebrow.

"He doesn't know that," You said. "He never checks. Doesn't bring me on missions."

"He doesn't bring you on missions so you'll be better," Bucky said. 

"News reports like to show bloody images," You said. Bucky sighed.

"Y/n," He said, placing his metal hand on your shoulder. "We're doing the best we can. You've gained your weight so you aren't underweight. You've been doing better then before."