Chapter 9 - Trapped

"What an expensive fake. My V is for Vendetta, thought that I'd feel better. But now I got a bellyache." - Billie Eilish, bellyache.

The corner of your room seemed to comfort you. You felt safe...and trapped. 

You haven't heard from the voice in days, and it made you feel relieved.

You sighed, holding up both of your hands, glowing them.

You trained yourself.

You created a forcefield, you were able to pick up things with your mind and the power, and create a sphere of energy to knock things over. 

"Y/n?"

"Hey Bucky," You said, still holding up items with your magic as Bucky walked into the room.

"Holy shit doll," Bucky said. You dropped the items, listening to them clatter.

Bucky walked to you, sitting down next to you.

You looked at him, smiling. You leaned your head on his shoulder, and he leaned onto your head.

"How's the team?" You whispered. 

"Quiet," He said, laughing a little. "No one to boss Tony around."

You giggled.

You sat in front of him, holding out your arms, and did your handshake with him.

"Can I...read your emotions?" You asked. Bucky thought for a moment, then nodded slowly.

You moved yourself closer to him, making your hands glow. You held them on the temple of his head, and closed your eyes.

Fright. Sadness. Angry.

His mind was messy, scattered with emotions.

You removed your hands, opening your eyes.

You pulled him into a hug.

He wrapped his arms around you, and cried into your shoulder.

"Bucky, Bucky," You said. "What's wrong?"

"We couldn't help you, Y/n," He cried.

"Oh, Bucky..." You said.

"We couldn't save you," Bucky said. "We watched you burn. We couldn't do anything but watch."

"Buck," You said. "This is my problem. Not yours. Don't worry about me."

"We should've done more," He said.

"James Buchanan Barnes," You said, pulling him in front of you. You stared into his blue eyes. "You are a soldier. You are one of the most coolest people I have met, and I cannot take that from you. Continue being the soldier you are. I am just a civilian."

He looked at you, then leaned his forehead against yours.

You stayed like that for a moment, then he got up, pulling you up with his metal arm.

"Steve wants to see you," He whispered, smiling weakly.

You nodded, hugging Bucky again.

"Talk to me when you need to," You whispered. 

You both went separate ways out of your room, and you walked calmly towards Steve's room.

You cracked the door open, to see him sitting on his bed with a book, everything else cleaned up.

"Hey," You said. He flicked his eyes to you, smiling.

"C'mere," He said. You rushed to him, throwing yourself into his arms, straddling him. He kissed you, holding you close to him.

"I love you," You said, burying yourself into his shoulder. 

"I love you too," He said. He kissed your temples, eyes, forehead, and your lips again. "I've missed you."

"JARVIS finally unlocked my room door," You said. 

Tony had locked you in your room for safety, but then JARVIS finally announced your release.

"It's been so quiet without you," Steve said. 

"So I've heard," You said, wrapping your arms around his neck. 

"Who told you?" He asked.

"Bucky came for a visit," You said, smiling. It faded. "He started crying. Said he couldn't save me."

Steve cupped your cheek.

"What'd you say?" He asked, quietly. 

"That he's a soldier," You said, smiling again. "And he shouldn't worry for me."

Steve kissed you.

"That's my gal," He said. 

You both laid down on his bed, him holding you tight in his arms. He drew circles on your back, whispering comforting words.

Help. I lost myself again. But I remember you.