sa gitna ng ulan. (first draft)

You are currently cleaning your old childhood room, no, attempting to clean your room.

As a person who has the attention span of a five year old, you're having a hard time completing such a menial task because you get easily distracted by lost trinkets you've found again after years of losing them. You've always been a messy person, you find it better to work on a disorderly room because the "mess" is etched on your brain, so you know where everything is.

Which is why Jillian is your antithesis.

She's helping you organize your room better, the one who's actually doing something. You didn't want to burden her, but she enjoys decluttering, a habit she picked up from her Mama and Ate Aika. She came over to your house, wanting to hangout together, but both of you didn't really have the energy to go outside.

So your bonding has turned into general cleaning of the house (to your own mother's delight).

To your defense, you stayed on dorms and rented apartments through college and until now that you're working, so you never really had the time to tidy your room all those years since you're "rarely" home. A lame argument, truly. It won't convince even a grade-schooler.

Your room isn't that chaotic, you just have a lot of useless stuff. Your mother often cleans it, but you explicitly told her not to touch your stored stuff and she listened.

Jill has labeled the bags and boxes for better organization, applying the Marie Kondo technique. But you're an overly-sentimental person whose personality flaw (and mental illness symptom) is hoarding, so the stuff Jill would label as "trash" is not trash for you.

The bickering is adding to the delay of the task.

When you took the initiative of rummaging through an old box that have loads of stuff, you're also being thrown back into the past. You smiled at the old broken Tamagotchi your friend gave to you. You gasped at the Game Boy, which is still surprisingly working, that you spent a lot of time in when you were a child. And damn, the secondhand PSP you loved so much and was your greatest childhood treasure.

This box was like a time capsule. It even has various character cards, punched out internet café loyalty cards, ugly statement pins and ballers you thought were so cool at the time, string bags, and colorful loom bands you made with friends.

"Kakaloka 'tong box ko na 'to, labs, oh. Lakas maka-throwback," you dreamily told Jillian as you're still sifting through the contents.

You laughed at the KathNiel and JaDine merchandises and magazines you secretly collected on your teens, especially the ones during the 'Diary ng Panget' and 'She's Dating The Gangster' craze.

"Shet, ang jologs ko talaga noon!" You exclaimed in disbelief.

During your high school days, you always save up your allowance so you could buy the trendy stuff at the time. So you also have a small Domo-kun bag, the Superman shirt, a snapback hat that 'JaMich' used to always wear. Unfortunately, you really couldn't afford the Supra shoes Justin Bieber always wore when he debuted.

Your head snapped to the noise not too far from you. Jillian had pushed your wardrobe and it unveiled an iconic wall.

"Akala ko ba wala kang Belieber phase dati, labs? Anlaki naman pala ng poster mo ni Justin dito!" Jillian said which made the two of you laugh.

"Ano ba! Nag-transition na kasi 'ko into my Directioner phase kaso hindi ko na matanggal 'yung posters. Rugby 'ata kasi pinandikit ko n'on. Nagalit nga sina Papa sa'kin, e. Sinira ko raw dingding ko. Kaya tinakpan ko na lang ng aparador tapos nasa likod ng pinto na lang mga 1D posters ko tsaka si Katy Perry," you explained gleefully. "Gandang-ganda ako n'on kina Lady Gaga at Katy Perry, ang galing din kasi nila, e. Akala ko wala lang. Bading lang pala ako," you recalled laughingly.