to a wild rose. (fever, end)

00:47, Christmas Day

Pictures are snapped and bellies are now full from the feast. The exchanging of gifts is always the last agenda for Noche Buena in both the Robredos' and L/Ns' households.

The members of both families are satisfied from the physical and metaphorical presents they've received and are filled with gratitude for the blessings this year brought.

Y/N posted a series of pictures on their IG page; one of them wearing an ugly Christmas sweater they made themselves while posing beside the Christmas tree, a complete family photo donning matching ensembles, a wide shot of the foods served for their Noche Buena, a stolen clip of their parents lovingly exchanging their gifts for each other as Y/N teases them in the background, and the last is of a meme of a Christmas cookie decorated with, 'Have a festive mental breakdown'.

They scrolled down on their feed and liked posts from the people they follow, and random reels that comes across, while also occasionally leaving comments of greetings to their peers. Then comment notifications from the Robredos popped up on their phone.

jpgrobredo, aikarobredo and others liked your post.

jpgrobredo left a comment on your post: hala ang sarap naman ng fuds :(

aikarobredo replied to a comment on your post: Maka-comment si @/jpgrobredo, parang walang handa sa amin. 😝

aikarobredo left a comment on your post: Merry Christmas, bebe! see you soon ❤

Y/N smiled at their comments and liked it.

They're currently chilling by the music room when their mother entered, a tight-lipped smile on her face.

"Hello, anak." Y/N's mother said with a small wave.

They moved to the side to give space to their mom. "Hi, Ma. May problema po ba?"

M/N waved her hand dismissively at her child. "Ay, ako, wala naman akong problema 'nak. Okay lang ako. Masaya ngayong Pasko kasi malusog tayong lahat. Nagpapasalamat ako sa blessings..."

Y/N's eyes narrowed suspiciously at their mother's slightly weird sentiments. "Okay...? Seriously, Ma. Ano pong need mo?"

The matriarch's brows shot off at the question. "Hala? Wala nga!"

Y/N tutted. "Alam ko na 'yang gan'yan mo, Ma! Makiki-Marites ka na naman. Ano po ba 'yon?"

M/N sighed in defeat for having been caught. "Sige, sige. Ito na! Hindi naman sa ano, 'nak ha. Pero alam mo namang nandito lang ako lagi for you, 'di ba? Minsan hindi ko siguro nasho-show sa'yo kaya medyo distant ka pero alam mo namang nandito kami palagi ni Papa kung may problema 'di ba? Na mahal na mahal ka namin at handa kami makinig sa kung anong hinaing mo sa buhay."

Y/N had to bite their lip from their Mama's little speech. It was short and sweet, but still got the point across. With a nod, they seeked for their Mama's comfort with a hug. M/N was quick to accept her child's affection and placed a kiss on top of their head.

"I'm not backing you onto a corner, 'nak, pero okay lang ba magtanong kung magkaaway ba kayo ni Jill?"

Y/N held a blank expression on their face and gulped down their nerves, hoping they won't stutter. "Hindi naman po sa magkaaway pero... medyo hindi kami okay."

M/N nodded in acknowledgement, keeping her word of not backing her child on a corner so she held her tongue from asking further. Unless it's Y/N who will open up, then she will gladly lend her ear.

"May gusto kasi ako sa kaniya, Ma e. Ta's umamin ako. It didn't go well, then the rest is history."

"I'm sorry to hear that, anak."