You and Robin get to know each other

It's Friday, the day I've been waiting for. Robin was at the entrance waiting for me in the large crowd of students flowing out of the building like a river. I almost walked by him, so he grabbed my arm and pulled me aside. "Hi." I says, smiling. "I figured, we could walk around the neighborhood, show you around?" "Yeah, I'd like that." Finney and Gwen walked by. "Hey um, be careful. They haven't caught the Grabber yet." Gwen warns us. "The grabber?" I asked, looking back and forth to Robin and Gwen. "I'll tell you about this guy during our walk. Come on, let's go." We walked down the street and into the neighborhood. Robin was keeping me from walking next to the road, as if he was worried someone might hit us or something like that. "So who's this grabber person?" I asked.

Robin sighed. "He's this fucked up criminal who kidnaps boys. We don't know why, but 3 boys have gone missing and haven't been found. Everyone knows that they were taken by the grabber, but no one knows where he is. The only thing they know about him is that he leaves black balloons at the scene of the crime." 

"That's terrible. Who's gone missing?" "A kid named Billy, Griffin Stagg and Vance Hopper. Finney is worried about being taken. All the boys are." I looked at him. "I bet you could take him." I said, nudging him. He giggled. "I really hope I don't have to try." Fair enough. 

We walked around the neighborhood, he showed me a short cut to the school. I told him which street I lived on and this short cut was nearby. On our walk, I learned that he's the toughest kid in school, he loves horror movies, his dad died when he was with his friends on a trip and he struggles with math. I told him more about my experience in karate, that I also love horror movies, I like going on walks and that I love looking at the stars and moon. "Why do you like looking at the stars?" Robin asks.

"There's just so much to think about." I answered. "What we see in our night sky is just one tiny piece of what's out there, floating in space. Beyond the solar system. Plus, it's beautiful." He grinned. "Maybe when it's clear, we'll look at the stars together." I suggested. "I can show you what I see in looking at the stars." 

"Sounds awesome. Hey, um. My uncle and I go to the drive-in. They have seats there for those who don't drive, like young teenagers. Would you, maybe like to go sometime?" I froze, I can't believe he just asked me out. "If you think I'm moving too fast, I understand." "No, I think that would be really cool." I said, interrupting him. "Great. Want me to walk you home? I live nearby, just a few blocks down." 

"Are you sure? Gwen and Finney seem worried about the Grabber." "I'll be fine." "Okay then." We walked down the street and up to my house. My parents were wondering who this boy was. "This is Robin, he was just showing me around the neighborhood. Plus, I was wondering if I could go to the drive in next weekend?" I asked nervously, thinking my parents were going to lose it on me for wanting to date. Both of my parents crossed their arms. "We would like to speak with your friend's parents before this is even an option." "Mom!" "No, I understand" Robin says. He gave my parents his phone number and address. Before he left, he turned back to me. "It was nice getting to know you. I'll see you Monday." I walked him to the door, and watched him walk away. The sun was setting so I was thinking about this Grabber guy. He sounds like the kind of guy that would snatch his victims in the dead of night. I called that phone number about 30 minutes later to see if he made it home okay. Considering the fact that he answered, I would assume so. "Just checking to see that you're okay after walking home in the dark." I said nervously. "Awww, you're so sweet. I'm okay though. Thanks for checking in. By the way, my mom said it's okay for us to go, as long as your parents are okay with it. My uncle will drop us off." "Nice. So all we gotta do is wait for my parents to discuss things." "Yeah, sounds like it." "Well, I'll let you go. Have a good night Robin." "You too Y/N." I felt my heart pounding again. Do I really have a date next weekend? I hope so. My parents are understanding people. They told me they'll call tomorrow morning. Good, I can't wait. Robin might just be my first boyfriend.