08/ I Wasn't Long For This World

August 17, 2002 · StudioX · Seattle, Washington

"Ville, it's so nice to see you again. Thank you so much for agreeing to this!" I embraced the man tightly as he entered the studio.

"Hello again, gorgeous. It's my pleasure." As wepulled away, he kissed my knuckles softly.

We talked for some time before deciding we should actually get started working. Since studios literally charge by the minute out here.

"Shall we get started?"

I already have the music for this song recorded, and it started playing softly

I already have the music for this song recorded, and it started playing softly. I took a deep breath and glanced over at Ville Valo of the band HIM, to see him smile and nod reassuringly.

"I'm giving up the ghost of love / And a shadow is cast on devotion..."

I softly, yet firmly sang the first verse. Then came the deepness of Ville's majestic voice.

"She is the one that I adore / Queen of my silent suffocation"

The next part was where we both sang together.

"Break this bittersweet spell on me / Lost in the arms of destiny"

"Bittersweet"

"I won't give up / I'm possessed by her / I'm bearing a cross / She's turned into my curse"

Together, we started again.

"Break this bittersweet spell on me / Lost in the arms of destiny"

With reckless abandon, I pick up my voice and pitch.

"Bittersweet, I want you!"

Then Ville repeated,

"Oh, how I wanted you..."

"And I need you!"

"How I needed you..."

Too finish the lyrics of this song, we both sang together again. Ville took my hand during the last part.

"Oh... Break this bittersweet spell on me / Lost in the arms of destiny / Break this bittersweet spell on me / Lost in the arms of destiny / Break this bittersweet spell on me / Lost in the arms of destiny... Bittersweet..."

The music continued, and I closed my eyes. I feel completely overtaken by this song. It may be my favorite so far.

"I think that was beyond amazing! Nearly magical to watch, if I do say so myself. Mr. Valo, I'm a huge fan!" Chip called out as the song came to an end.