03/ No Light

* DISCLAIMER: Contains explicit language, drug use, violent references, sexual content.

[ THIRD PERSON P

THIRD PERSON P.O.V ]

Corey could remember everything that happened like it was yesterday. The way Alice laid so still, her face pale and her hair matted with sweat and tangles. The way his hands heated her cold, dead-like fingers. When his lips touched her head, her cold skin sent a shiver down his spine and all the way down to his toes.

Corey could tell himself a hundred or more times, that it wasn't his fault this happened to her; but he couldn't shake the feeling that she wouldn't have been in this mess if he had just left things alone.

He found recovery in the older photos of them that he got from Hanna and the one he had in his wallet. He just hoped that her anger towards him would soon fade. Was she truly fed up with him, or was she trying to hide her actual feelings?

◊◊◊

[ ALICE'S P.O.V ]

July 5, 2002

"If you two don't shut the actual fuck up, I swear I'm going to go all Michael Myers in five seconds!"

Hanna intercepted my current conversation with Corey. My hands shoot to the sides of my head, not wanting to hear any more from anyone.

"Ali, listen to me," Corey stood against the kitchen counter, his palms lying flat on the surface between us.

"This isn't the best idea for you right now. You don't need to be traveling alone so soon,"

"How do you know what's best for me?" I challenged him.

"Because I've been here for you long before you were in that hospital bed! Don't think just because you can't remember the past, that I'm going anywhere."

"I remember the past, Corey. Just not you and your friends," I sigh, and Corey's stare intensified greatly. I struck a nerve and he's not hiding his temper at all. Hanna bit her lip, eyes full of sadness as she stared at me.

Her and I have been in a heated debate all morning over the fact that I miss making music and want to travel out to Seattle to record a solo album. She called Corey for backup, for some reason. She thinks he can somehow talk me out of what I want for my own life.

"I know what I need to heal. And I think right now, what's best for me, is some alone time with my music!" My hands rested on my hips.

Hanna throws her hands up in defeat.

"Do whatever the fuck you want to do, Ali. But as far as you and Corey go, you two need to chill. Nobody needs to be hurting anyone's feelings right now,"