꩜ fourth of july ꩜ [part 1]

gemma woke up on the next day smiling to herself, that moment in the beach with conrad was just like they used to be two summers ago

gemma woke up on the next day smiling to herself, that moment in the beach with conrad was just like they used to be two summers ago. he was again that boy that she fell in love for, he was her conrad.

she didn't know if he would go back to his moody and closed-up self again, but she hoped they could talk and spend more time together.

it was finally 4th of july, it was always a fun and traditional day on the summer house. they would usually have parties, susannah would decorate the whole house, the boys would take care of the fireworks and the girls would tag along.

gemma was now sitting at the kitchen table with jeremiah and belly while the three of them eat some cereal for breakfast.

the girls had on their holiday outfits, belly was wearing an red and white dress and gemma had on a blue and white summer dress.

"hey bells," jeremiah catches the girl's attention and continue. "can I finish your milk?"

belly laughs and nods, passing the bowl that had cereal before, to the boy.

"you know that this is quite disgusting right?" gemma laughs.

"yo, I'm gonna go wash the clams." conrad says coming behind them. "did you get the lighter fluid?" gemma looks at the boy who only smiles at her.

"mm. yeah, it's already on the beach." jeremiah answers.

"are we done with the portrait yet?" steven comes to the kitchen with susannah behind him and asks checking the fridge for food.

"yeah, for today." susannah smiles. "but you do look good in a dress shirt, steven. uh, which makes me think if belly doesn't hurry up and ask cam to that ball, you should take her."

"ew. no way." belly says with a disgusted face.

"I'm already going with shayla." steven shrugs.

"to the debutante ball?" laurel asks.

"yes."

"as an escort?"

"wrap your head around it, mom, all right?" the boy sighs. "shayla's coming today with nicole and gigi, so you'll meet her."

"that's wonderful." laurel says with a small smile.

"oh, and don't forget, ms. covington's first dance rehearsal is tomorrow, so, uh, tick-tock." sunannah tells belly.

"I'm asking cam today." belly nods, gemma didn't know if she was trying to convince susannah or if she was trying to convince herself.

jeremiah and gemma exchange looks and they both shrug.

"I don't know my kids anymore." laurel sighs.

"wait, are you wearing makeup?" susannah asks her friend.