꩜ the ball ꩜

susannah and laurel were helping gemma with her makeup, the girl already had her dress on, and the two women offered her some help. it was almost night in cousins beach, they had a couple hours to get to the club where the ball was going to take place.

she was feeling a little out of place with the expensive dress and all the make up on her face, but the blonde girl was way more comfortable than she was the past summer. also, gemma wasn't in the mood to get ready with all the other debs and deb sisters, she wanted to avoid all the drama.

finishing up making a high ponytail on gemma's blonde hair, susannah was smiling at the girl through the mirror.

"you look wonderful darling."

"she sure does, you're glowing gem." laurel agrees coming beside her friend.

"I bet it is all the highlighter susannah just put in my face." gemma snorts and the women chuckle.

"are you ready?" susannah asks laurel who nods smiling. "okay, then we can head to the country club already."

"I'll just get my shoes and I'll meet you downstairs." gemma says and rushes out of susannah's bedroom to her own.

𑁍

"wow gems, you look stunning." jeremiah's voice startled the girl who was admiring her reflection on the mirror.

"um... thanks." she smiles. "I kind of feel weird wearing this dress and high heels, I think I'm going to stumble and fall on my butt."

"I bet connie is not going to let you fall." the boy winks and offers his hand to her.

rolling her eyes, gemma took his hand and the duo made their way downstairs.

everyone was gathered on the living room waiting for them, when gemma and jeremiah arrived at the room, susannah had a big grin on her face.

"oh dear you are absolutely beautiful."

the girl had a shy smile on her face, every head in the room turned at her. conrad looked at her from her head to her toes and couldn't believe how gorgeous she was. gemma risked a quick glance in his direction, her face getting warm and pink.

"thanks susannah."

"well, we better go." laurel smiles at the girl and heads to the door.

jeremiah let go of his friend's hand and smirked at her, he followed his mom, laurel and steven out of the room. conrad blinked a couple of times before extending his arm for gemma, who smiled and took it. the two teenagers made their way outside to the rest of the family.

"you know you look incredible, right?" conrad whispers to the girl beside him.

"oh, don't go making me blush right now." gemma snickers and he just laughs.