꩜ fourth of july ꩜ [part 2]

everybody was gathered by the pool. belly and steven were chatting with their parent and shayla. gemma and jeremmiah were talking to victoria, who was completely not-a bitch.

"and then we do hayley kiyoko next." jeremiah says excitedly. "she's super vibey, right gem?"

he didn't get an answer. when the boy looked at his friend she was watching conrad and nicole on the pool, they were hugging and smiling at each other. jeremiah tapped gemma's leg and she looked at him.

"mmm yeah, you would love her."

"do you guys listen to SZA?" victoria asks.

"I'm kind of offended you felt the need to ask me that." the boy answers laughing.

"oh sorry." the older woman laughs and gets up. "I'll be right back."

she leaves the two friends sitting together. jeremiah watches the blonde girl and she seems lost in her thoughts.

"hey, what's up?"

"what?"

"you, what's up with you?" jeremiah passes his arm over her shoulder.

"nothing, just... tired." gemma shrugs.

"you should totally drink with us tonight." he says, before the girl could answer he continues. "I know that since the last accident you said you wouldn't drink anymore. but, I think it is a nice way of forgetting you-know-who."

"is that what you do?"

"what are you talking about?" jeremiah laughs.

"about your huge crush on," before she continues, gemma got closer to the boy an whispered. "isabel."

"I'm going to throw you in that pool you've been watching since we got here." he threats.

"do this and I'll tell everyone how you peed in bed until you were 12." gemma warns.

"you're playing a dangerous game miss williams."

gemma laughs and gets up, heading inside to get her camera.

𑁍

coming down from her room, gemma stopped at the kitchen were belly and jeremiah were watching victoria making her margaritas.

"how'd you learn to make these?" belly asks. gemma took a place next to victoria who smiled at the girl.

"so I actually spent a summer in this desert town in texas near the border called marfa." she explains pouring some margarita in the cups. "and there was a bar there that served these, and I told the bartender that I would not leave until he showed me exactly how he made these." victoria finishes laughing.