chapter one

at first, it was hard to settle in new york because i was being paranoid

at first, it was hard to settle in new york because i was being paranoid. i don't know if he know that i moved away or what but if he does then i have to be careful.

it has been two weeks since i've been in new york. i had a tour around the small place i was living and i have already found my favourite place - the park that's 15 minutes away from my house.

there were many parks in nyc but that was the only one that i have encountered so far.

christmas break was up and mom was enrolling me in brooklyn's academy.

"honey," she knocked on my door and i told her to come in.

mom entered and i gave her a small smile.

"how are you holding up?"

"pretty well." i said. i was ready to forget what happened back in los angeles. i came here for a new start and i was going to get it.

"ready for school on monday? the principal say that we should come in on friday so that you can have a tour of the school and the school's community." mom said as she sat down on my bed.

"okay," i said, "what time should we be there?"

"between 12 and 1."

i nodded.

that could work for me. i wasn't a late sleeper so at least he didn't say 8 am or something like those early times when school starts.

"that is okay."

mom hummed and her eyes scanned my room that i designed myself. i bought some led lights that i placed around the mirror and a heart-shaped icon with led lights around it too. there were some other items that led lights were on but that was it. the interior was painted in baby blue and the ceiling was white.

"i like what you did in here

"i like what you did in here." she compliments and i smiled softly.

her eyes went to my vanity and then to the closet and then to the bathroom door that was closed.

"well i'll let you get to it, kiddo."

i nodded and mom left my room but not before announcing that dinner will be ready within half an hour.

within the rest of that thirty minutes, i sulked around in my room just browsing social media and taking pictures of me.

momma bear🐻💗 - dinner's ready.

i read the text message that came up on the screen and hummed when my stomach growled in hunger. i went downstairs and to the kitchen and mom handed me the plate that contained dinner.

for dinner, she had made chicken salad with a small dish of sweet corn and a glass of orange juice.

i blessed the food and immediately dug in, moaning when the flavour of the chicken melted on my tongue.

- friday -

time flew by quickly and i was ready for this. ready for a new start, new classmates, new environment, everything.

i grabbed my knapsack and met mom outside in the car and she grove off.

"put the location on the gps," mom said and she gave me the address that the school was on and within no time, we were pulling up on the compound.

the school was so huge.

it looks like it has about 4 floors, excluding the floor that we enter on.

students loitered outside, sitting on the benches, on the field playing games, conversing or just doing something productive. i smiled and mom and i got out of the car. i brought my knapsack with me because mom said we'll need it.

we entered the school, none of the students looking at us which i honestly was thankful for.

mom walked to the main office and we were met with a beautiful brunette at the front desk.

"good evening," mom said, grabbing her attention, "im miss falls. i came here earlier in the week to enroll my daughter, skylar vox."

the lady greeted back my mother and told us to give her a moment as she typed up something on the computer.

"ahh, yes. i see the name. skylar vox, age 18, leaving knox's institution," the lady reads off the screen and mom nodded.

"yes. that's her."

"alright," the lady drawled out, "mr. loyal will be with you in a second. please take a seat over there."

-

skylar's mom - lewis falls