chapter four

big monday morning and i was ready to kill someone

i wasn't in the mood for teaching now nor was i in the mood to see anyone. i got up out of bed grumpily and head to the bathroom. i took a shower and head to the closet.

i looked for something long-sleeved to wear.

i only wear long-sleeved tops and dresses to hide the tattoos and tattoo sleeve that i have. i could use make up but it'll mess up in the day and i don't have time to fix up nothing.

i soon settled up on an animal print top with a long v-line and some high waisted black pants.

i flipped the gold watch on my hand and placed my fingers through the rings. putitng mascara on, i took up my handbag and dropped my necessities in it and left the house.

it was now 7:50 and it gave me enough time to stop at the cafe to buy breakfast.

-

i sipped on my coffee as i signed some documents for the new transfer student, skylar vox.

when i saw her yesterday, i was shocked.

she is so beautiful and she looks so innocent. the way her curls flowed over her shoulder and her freckles stood on her face had me wanting to protect her from all the danger that comes her way. i know i've just met her but she got me captivated.

the documents that i was signing was supposed to be signed by all of her teachers to signify that she's been enrolled in the school completely.

i got up and left the classroom and went to chemistry lab where i saw mrs. levin. i smiled at the old lady and she gave me back a smile.

"my dear scarlett."

she was the only teacher here who i allowed to call me by my first name.

"mrs. levin."

"oh, i told you carla was just fine." she fans me off and took the paperwork from me and signed in the chemistry department. i took up the paperwork and we bid goodbye.

the bell rings, signalling the beginning of the classes.

well fuck.

let the stress begin.

-

this has been my 5th class for the day and i was yet to see skylar. i know that i have her in my classes today seeing as i signed the confirmation paper this morning.

the students left the class in a rush to get to their next and the sixth set came in. i sat down in a robotic mess and my eyes scanned the classroom.

why am i doing this again when i could be doing law?

oh, wait. it's because no law firm wants me there.

i mean i could buy any law firm out there and destroy it to build it back again but im not doing that. i am a nice person and nice person don't do stuff like that so imma cope.

i stood up and took up the black marker and head to the white board.

the door opened and i didn't even bother looking at it.

"find your seat." i said loud enough for the person to hear. they were late and i hate tardiness.

"we're sorry for being late, miss espinoza." i heard harley say and i turned to her and saw her and skylar.

skylar was looking beautiful as always. she's dressed in a baby blue off the shoulder dress and her hair was put in a high ponytail.

"first day of a new term, harley. i expected better." i said and wrote the subject mathematics and the date on the board.

"i was showing the new g-"

"i said find your seat."

she didn't need to be told twice as both her and skylar took a seat at the back that wasn't occupied. i groaned softly and let my forehead slide against the board.

i need fucking caffeine.

-