Chapter 16 - Hunter

She's married.

My Paige is married...to another man.

I feel like I've just been gutted.

I looked down at Paige, who was on the verge of tears and shaking as she looked at me just as confused as the rest of us were, if not more. How could she be married to Dillon and not say anything to me? To her family and friends? Why would she hide it? The more I thought about it and the more I looked into my Paige's eyes, the clearer the answer was.

She wouldn't.

I know my girl. There is no way she would marry someone without telling her family. There is no way she would marry someone she was questioning having sex with. There is no way she would marry someone she did not love.

Paige loves me. I know it. I feel it.

"I don't understand," Paige said shakily. "How could I be married to Dillon and not know?" My poor baby looked like she was about to pass out. I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her into a tight embrace.

"We'll figure out what is really going on here, Paige," I tell her softly. I could feel her tears soaking into my shirt. "Don't cry, Baby. We'll get this all straightened out." Karina was rubbing her back trying to help calm and soothe her.

"Why don't we sit?" Karina says to her. Paige lifted her head and wiped the tears from her face. She nodded and looked up at me. I could see the fear in her eyes, and I know exactly what she is thinking...that I am going to walk away from her because of this. I lean down to kiss her.

"I'm right here, Paige. I'm not going anywhere." I could still see the doubt about me in her eyes, and it hurt me more than hearing she was married. "I love you, Paige. Nothing is going to change that." I kissed her one more time before leading her to the couch.

"Is this marriage thing real?" Gary asks as he moves to sit next to Paige. He takes her hand in his and places a soft kiss on her head.

"From what we've been able to find, the marriage looks legitimate," Connor sighed. "But we could get it annulled, especially since Paige never agreed to the marriage. You did not agree to it, correct?"

"Of course not!" Paige huffed as she wiped her eyes. "I didn't agree to have sex with man the entire time we were dating. WHY would I agree to marry him?!"

"Somehow he got you to sign the marriage license and he had to have gotten you to say the vows. Let me look at that certificate again," Karina said to her as she held her hand out toward Paige, silently asking for the marriage certificate. "You are sure this is your signature?" She asked as she looked over the document again.

"Yes, that's my signature but I don't remember ever signing it."

"You and Dillon got together when?" Karina asked as she looked up at Paige.

"Almost a year ago, why?"

"Look at the date next to your signature." Karina handed Paige the document and sat back in her chair. Paige looked down at the paper and gasped.

"This is a month after we started dating." I could see Paige's mind working overtime as she stared at the date. She was reading the document from top to bottom, her face scrunched as she concentrated on the content.

"Do you remember going anywhere on that date?" I asked her. Paige lifted her head a little and stared at the paper. Suddenly, she put the paper on the coffee table and quickly walked over to where she left her purse to get her phone. She looked like she was searching for something all the while mumbling under her breath. "No. No. No. It can't be that weekend. No. I'll kill him."