Chapter 19 - Hunter

"WHAT?!" Paige jumped up and yelled at Dillon at the same time we yelled at the screen.

"They came into town to surprise me, and they want to spend time with us while they're here. You just have to have dinner with them one time and show them we're happily married. After dinner, they are going to let my grandfather's lawyer know our marriage is real." Dillon stood and was pleading with her.

"You are out of your fucking mind if you think I would agree to that!" Paige reached down and grabbed the annulment papers from where Dillon had put them and held them out toward him. "I kept up with my end of our agreement. I let you explain your side and now you need to sign the annulment papers."

"No, I can't do that, not yet."

"Why the fuck not?!" I yelled at the screen.

"He can't hear you, Hunter," Nick laughed.

"WHY THE FUCK NOT?!" Paige yelled as she lowered the papers to her side. I couldn't help but chuckle at my girl for echoing my sentiments.

"I need my money, Paige," Dillon answered her. "I can't let you out of this marriage until I get my money."

"Why? Are you in some trouble or something?"

"No! I just want my money!" Dillon sat back down on the couch frustrated and looked up at Paige, who was standing in front of him with her arms crossed.

"See my face, Dillon?" Paige pointed at her face, which held no emotions whatsoever. "This is me not giving any shits about you and your over-privileged problems." She held the annulment papers out to him again. "Sign it. Now."

"I won't."

"Fine. We'll have to settle this in court then." Paige threw the papers in his face and turned to walk towards Evan, keeping up the rouse that she did not know who he was. "You're supposed to take me back home, correct?" Evan nodded and started to rise from his seat. "Good, let's go."

"If you want to take this to court, then fine." Dillon reached over to his folder and pulled out a stack of papers. "I'll file for divorce and take you for everything you have." Paige and Evan turned to face him.

"What makes you think you'll get anything from me?"

"This prenup you signed guarantees it." Dillon places the documents on the table and slides them toward Paige. "It states that if our marriage ends due to infidelity, the one who was cheated on can sue for any amount of money for emotional damages. And you, my lovely wife, have been cheating on me." Dillon pulled out pictures from his folder and put them on the table for Paige. Evan moved closer to Paige so we could see the pictures in her hands. They were of me and Paige at the fair, her boutique, the café, and going to/from her apartment. Paige then picked up the pre-nuptial agreement and flipped to the signature page.

"First of all, you cheated on me first, remember?"

"You have no proof." Dillon sat with a smirk on his face thinking he had the upper hand, but the smug look on Paige's face told me otherwise.

"You think I don't have proof?" Paige quirked her eyebrow at him and smiled. Dillon sat staring at her with a look on his face that told us he was not sure if Paige was bluffing or not. "Even, without proof of you cheating on me, which by the way I do have, this isn't even my signature. This will not hold up in court."

"It's close enough they will not be able to tell the difference. I paid good money to make sure of it. Do you really want to go to court and take the chance they confirm it's your signature?" Dillon leaned back on the couch and gave Paige a wicked smile. Paige rolled her eyes and put the documents back on the table.