[Ch. 8]

Wow. Did you thought that I was going to cough in this chapter? You're 100% wrong! I have a strong weapon you don't have. Well, it's not a weapon, actuallly. This thing is called power. I allowed Kronos to take over me, before I caused a problem. When my eyes snapped open and showed cold, golden eyes, Jamie saw me in awe. Yeah, it felt good. Now, I didn't mind about coughing and telling these guys where I am. I smiled at the thought. 

 Just then, Jamie looked as if she was going to cough. Ooh, so dusty! I quickly, but quietly covered her mouth as she coughed really softly. No one would have heard us. Sighing through my mind, I slowly put down my hand. I returned back to 'Mode: Luke' after that. Then I realized that I was being me the whole time when my mind was taken over. I had used the power without being controlled by Kronos.

 Now I know what he was trying to do to me this whole time. In his own way, he was trying to corrupt me into thinking that I'm him and to absorb my demigod skills as a swordsman. Believe me, I'm quite good at swords. Especially with my sword Backbiter.

 Do not think of me like that, Luke. Kronos cried out. I'm not going to do that to any of you.

 Then tell me: Why do I feel like I belong to you? I managed to ask, despite my fears of him.

 That's... nothing. And I'm not going to corrupt you either. There is no use doing that. He said.

 Huh. Fine. I disconnected myself from the crazy conversation.

 When I looked at Jamie after that, she was having that worried expression all over her face. 'You okay?' she mouthed at me. I nodded. 'A crazy conversation with a crazy dude.' I replied. I could see her rolling her eyes. 'Now, how can we escape?' she asked.

'I've got a plan.' I put on a crazy grin on my face. 'But this needs a distraction.' I pointed at them. 'I'll distract them. You go when I snap my fingers, okay?'

'What about you?' she asked.

'I know what to do, Jamie. Don't mind me. Play your part tonight.' I replied. She nodded, noticing that she can't change my mind, once when it is made up.

 I looked for a distraction. Aha! The three guys were turning their backs on us; that meant that we still had a chance!

'Jamie.' I called her without sound. She looked at me, waiting. 'I want you to get out of here; through window, of course.' I added.

 She looked at me with the universal look of 'Are you insane?'. 'It's our only hope.' I said.

'But...' Jamie looked at me. 'I'm afraid of heights!'

 I tapped her shoes. Instantly, they grew white wings. 'Now what?' she asked me.

'You know what to do. Fly towards the ground.' I said.

'And?' I could see her growing impatient.

'And ring the doorbell. Run away. Then I'll come right out of the cabin, getting our stuff.' I said.

 I snapped my fingers, quietly but clear enough for her to hear. She took it as a sign and took off. Luckily, the three guys there didn't notice. I sighed, and waited. A minute had passed. Then two minutes. Now... It was five minutes. I sensed that something has happened.

 I tapped my fingers on the floor. Having ADHD, you don't have enough patience. But you know that it helps you in such scenes like battles. Also dyslexia...

 CRASH!

 Oh no... Please not my Jamie...

 I was wrong again.