The Rescue 1

Chapter 33
The Rescue

Flank had alerted the rest of the crew after speaking with R'ao, he knew that Koruna would come for him if she discovered that he provided information about her to R'ao. He did not like to use the word spy as he did not consider it spying, It was obvious that Rao had good intentions for Koruna, and he could always use the extra cash. His last call with R'ao meant that Koruna was missing and from his sources at that party. Koruna awasn't supposed to go alone, she should have waited for them.

He thought about how to break the news to the rest of them without revealing his hand. Lola and Telih were already in the cave playing card games, Flora had gone to run errands, she came into the cave and was drinking a glass of water when he broke the news. "Koruna is missing." Flank said leisurely.

Flora choked on the water she was drinking and started coughing, Telih and Lola stared at him in surprise.

"What do you mean?" Telih asked.

"She went for a Jason Bry's party and she hasn't been seen since then, do not ask me how I know but I have a credible source and I think she is in danger." Flank continued.

Lola dropped her cards "Is that why you have been quiet and moping around since? You have had this information since and you are just telling us?"

"I was waiting for Flora to get home and it has just been a little over an hour. I was also gathering information about the party, I know a few of us who served at the party, they saw her but they don't know where she disappeared to. No one actually saw her leave which means she could still be in the building, probably in a hidden wall or something." Flank sighed.

Flora cleaned her mouth with a towel and walked towards Flank, she punched him in the face and scowled, "You should have told us the minute you heard she was missing. What is wrong with you? Is anything ever serious with you?"

"We shouldn't fight now, let's look for a way to find her."Telih came in between Flank and Flora.

Flora went to a compartment in the cave and brought out a tab, "Koruna has a tracker on her. It was a plan B if ever she went missing like now and if you had told us instead of hoarding information, we might have found her by now." She switched it on and tried to get her location.

"I didn't know." Flank muttered.

"Of course you don't, after you went missing, she knew how dangerous it could get and so she attached trackers to all of us. It was only supposed to be used when we are in danger and she didn't tell you so that you are not always conscious. We have never had a reason to track anyone until today." Flora explained.

"What? How did you do that without us knowing?" Lola joined her at the table where she was working.

"Don't tell me that we swallowed it, the wine she brought... Was that it?" Flank stammered and Flora glared at him again.

"I don't know if I should be impressed, touched, offended or violated." Telih remarked.

"I have it!!!" Flora exclaimed excitedly.

A beeping sound was made from the device, Flank took a look at it and frowned. "That is strange, I have taken a look at the location and they don't have an attic. That is supposed to just roof and nothing else." He pointed at the red beeping dot on the screen.

"Well, that is where it is pointed and that is where we should go." Flora collected the tab from him in annoyance.

"We cannot just go trooping in, we need a plan." Lola suggested and none of them could respond.

Telih sighed "Koruna was the planner; that was how it worked. I have to bring her out, don't I?"

"Telilah is better than the rest of us at this, I'm sorry Telih." Lola patted his back in comfort.