Chapter 4

They ended up texting on Sunday, more than they usually did. At first it was to decide when they’d have their third not-date, but then they just kept talking. They decided to get coffee after class on Monday. Their classes didn’t end at the same time, Heeseung’s finishing at one and Sunghoon’s at four, but Heeseung reassured him he could wait. He might have lied and said he had some work he could do in the meantime, Sunghoon would never know. 

By Monday, the little scenting they had done had not yet faded completely. With red cheeks, they had pointedly ignored their friends stares and teasing. Sunghoon had straight up ignored Jungwon all Sunday whenever he brought it up, and now he had to deal with four more people pointing it out. He knew he had probably gotten a little carried away when he suggested scenting, yet Heeseung hadn’t said anything. Heeseung was either pretty dumb or he simply didn’t care much for scenting, Sunghoon concluded.

Or he hoped, because while Heeseung didn’t question it at the time, maybe he did think it was weird. Sunghoon had been brave, too brave, stupidly brave if you asked him. He couldn’t stop himself in time and he ended up suggesting they scented, weeks before the wedding. It wasn’t necessary and he knew Heeseung knew that. And by god, he had almost done so much more than just scenting.

Heeseung had smelt so heavenly and he was so close, Sunghoon had a hard time restraining himself. And when Heeseung scented him he almost lost it, especially with the sweet soft kiss at the end. He almost jumped the poor guy in the middle of the street. As soon as he was back to his dorm, he had locked himself in the bathroom. He needed a few minutes to calm down completely.

They’d have to do way more for the wedding and Sunghoon didn’t know how he’d survive that. He prayed he wouldn’t embarrass himself too much. 

“I see movie night was fun for you two,” Sunoo teased them, and Sunghoon had already suspected they had planned it, Sunoo kind of confirmed it for him.

“Oh no, that didn’t happen on Friday,” Jungwon told him making Sunoo raise his eyebrows. “That happened during their date on Saturday.”

“It wasn’t a date,” both Heeseung and Sunghoon said at the same time.

“Please, you brought flowers and everything, you came back holding hands,” Jungwon pointed out making them blush harder.

“I-” Heeseung didn’t know how to defend himself. 

“It’s just… like a practice date!” Sunghoon said, “you gave me the idea.”

“But I meant more like a normal hangout to talk about what you’d tell Heeseung-hyung’s family, I bet you didn’t even talk about that,” Jungwon accused them. Sunghoon blushed harder.

“That’s not the point,” he spluttered. 

“Right, the point is you two went on a date and scented each other… for practice,” Jay snickered. 

“Don’t forget Heeseung-hyung brought Sunghoon-hyung flowers,” Riki added as they all laughed at their two friends’ embarrassment. They both groaned and were ready to leave their friends there. 

“Okay, okay, we’ll stop,” Jake said patting them both on the shoulder. “You two are just very… dedicated,” he settled for. Whether he meant they were dedicated to fake dating or to their feelings, he didn’t clarify.

Sunghoon ran after that, not from his friends, but because he was about to be late for class. His classes had left him so little time to breathe, he almost forgot he was going out with Heeseung again. Almost, because it was something that was always at the back of his mind, sometimes he could ignore it. He definitely couldn’t ignore it when he saw Heeseung standing outside his class waiting for him. He had gotten a few intrigued stares from his classmates, and it was like something clicked in them when they saw Heeseung. He belatedly realised they probably thought they were dating now.