Chapter 5

They both knew they were overdoing it. They stopped correcting their friends about their dates, especially since they started going out almost every other day. Be it a small dinner, going to the movies or meeting in either of their dorms. They enjoyed their time together and they weren’t going to comment on it if the other didn’t point out how unneeded the dates were. By that point, they were more than used to being boyfriends. 

The other thing, the most important thing, was the scenting. No date went by without them scenting by the end of it. It was more than just that, though, the time they spent scenting each other got longer and longer with every time they did. They got more intimate as well. Instead of only one final kiss, there would be several sprinkled through it; their hands started touching more, backs, waists, hips. It was like they couldn’t control themselves, but they absolutely refused to talk about it afterwards.

“Hyung, you reek of Sunghoon.” Jay said as soon as Heeseung stepped inside their shared room. He had just come back from a date with Sunghoon, which meant they scented each other again.

“I was just with him?” Heeseung reasoned. He knew that’s not what Jay meant, but he had to try.

“Yeah, okay,” Heeseung almost sighed in relief, “but you smell as much like Sunghoon as I smell of Jungwon,” Jay insisted.

“And…?”

“And he’s my boyfriend,” he punctuated, “so will you admit to be dating for real or…”

“But we are not.” Jay looked at him like he had just said the most absurd thing ever, “we are really not.”

“Are you sure?” Jay insisted, Heeseung fidgeted, he didn’t think they were that much like boyfriends.

“Y-yeah, we are not,” he didn’t mean to stutter, but if they looked like that to others, maybe his feelings were showing. Maybe Sunghoon noticed, too.

“Hey, don’t be so tense, it’s not like any of us will be against you two, you know?” Heeseung had paled at his own thoughts.

“I know, but we really are not together,” Jay kept looking at him, sceptical, “I’m serious.”

“Not… not even a little bit?” Heeseung looked at Jay like he was crazy.

“How would we be ‘a little bit’ together? How does that work?” He said as he threw himself on his bead.

“I don’t know, whatever you two have going seems to be it, if you aren’t dating,” Jay sounded doubtful and slightly sarcastic for the last part. 

“Which we are not.” Heeseung insisted one more time, “it’s really nothing, we are just friends.”

“Right, yeah, whatever,” Jay gave up, “be as in denial as you want.”

“I’m- I’m not in denial,” Heeseung scoffed, “we aren’t dating, and that’s it.”

“And Sunghoon knows this?” Heeseung felt Jay was making fun of him.

“Of course, he knows,” Jay started at Heeseung for a few seconds.

They didn’t act like they were together that much, Heeseung thought. Sure, when they did, they went all out, but outside of their unnecessary frequent dates, they acted like usual. Maybe with a little hand holding here and there, and some more skin ship than they used to. But that was just because they were more comfortable with each other now.

“Okay,” Jay finally said, and it sounded like he meant it, “just… be sure no one gets hurt by this, yeah? I don’t get why you had to go on so many dates and scent so much if you aren’t really dating.”