appointment

"So you made the hair appointment already right?" I asked a very occupied onika who was focused on drawing the pattern on my nail. Did i mention that other than being a personal assistant she was also a bomb ass nail tech?

"Hmmhmm. She said tomorrow at ten" I nodded sipping on my slushy, she glanced up at me and her eyes turned to slits.

"And you booked our flight right?" I gave her a do I look dumb face.

"Am not answering that" I said rolling my eyes, she went back to painting my nails and mumbled something under her breath.

We both had our nails done for the flight but our hair was a mess, luckily we did not have the same hair dresser so we would finish in time to make it to the airport , our flight was at seven in the evening. It was the only flight available after twelve for tomorrow to Miami.

"How many bathing suits did you pack?" Onika asked and I thought to myself and cringed.

"Way too many" she chuckled and nodded agreeing with me because I know she packed just as much if not more, we were going to be turnt up baby in bathing suits.

"Alright I'm finished" she leaned back in her chair and allowed me to admire my cute nails

It was in a light pink stilletto design with pink swirls and hers were almost identical but in yellow and had studs

It was one thing to be able to do your own nails but to do someone else's nails with yours on takes skills and onika has just that

"Bitch you went off!" I cheesed holding my hand up in the air and snapping a pic of it, onika did the 'period' gesture and we both laughed.

As the day went by we both went to our hair dresser appointment and got our hair, lash and eyebrows done. We looked like Instagram baddies by the time we were finished. We hurried home and took a quick shower just so we wouldn't be late for our flight because the hair appointments took longer than expected.

"Do you have everything?" I questioned nik grabbing my keys off the table.

"Yeah" she answered coming around the corner with her luggage. I had cleaned from earlier plus I gave rose to the neighbor already so I was set. We struggled but eventually made it downstairs to the underground parking lot of my apartment building and piled all the bags in my little Lexus.

We hopped into my car and sped in the direction of the airport.

"That girl did my hair tight as hell" Nik complained trying to slacken her hair by pulling on the roots. We both had our hair braided it was simple yet stylish and could withstand vast amounts of water which we will definitely be indulging in.

"Mine is good" I said taking my hand off the staring wheel to flip my hair behind me, I was never tender headed my mom made sure of that, so tight hair wasn't a bother for me plus I didn't suffer from migraines.

"I think I'm gonna need some pain killers" she sighed leaning back into the seat and pulling down her shades.

I drove steady through the highway and in no time we pulled up to the massive airport of Hartsfield because we lived in Atlanta. We brought our luggages to get weighed and paid and now after about an hour and full stomachs we were boarding our flight.

"Ooo bitch I'm so fucking excited!" Onika jumped her shoulders in excitement and I shook my head, trust me I was just as excited but I had a funny way of showing my emotions. We took our seats which again was luckily beside each other, I can't stand being close to some strangers, you never know who will be the crazy ones and I am not the one nor the two.

"Your headache just up and disappeared huh?" I asked sarcastically shaking my head, she nodded excited totally missing my sarcasm. We got settled in for our flight which wasn't that long by the way so I just popped my ear buds in and just relaxed until sleep took over.

I woke up to the sound of the pilot talking, telling us to prepare for landing and I woke onika up, she groaned and stretched like a cat before looking around.

"We here?" I nodded smiling, summer has just begun. The flight landed smoothly thank God and everybody filed out of the plane, we stepped into Miami airport and instantly felt the difference in temperature despite the AC. We collected our luggages and went out spotting our driver for the remainder of our trip. He stood with our names written on a piece of card board.

"Our driver is sexy" onika whispered to which I rolled my eyes.

"Or you just horny"

"You know!" She laughed aloud sticking out her tongue, crazy ass but she wasn't lying though he was cute. He stood tall and slim but you could see that he was athletic underneath, he was a light skin man with braids.

We waved our hands walking up to him "aliyah and onika?" He asked and we nodded. "I'm Kai" he said and onika bit her lips

"Yes zaddy what a cute name" the man eyes widened and his face turned a bright pink not expecting my friends bluntness. I face palmed myself and shove her in the car while he put our luggages in the back.

Miami gave off a tropical vibe and was beautiful, the drive to the hotel was about twenty minutes from the airport so in no time we were there. We were staying at the Mandarin oriental hotel, pretty exclusive I know and freaking expensive for the average nine to five worker who pays bills.

"Okay ladies were here.. " both of us squealed in excitement and filed out of the car in a hurry to grab the man that is responsible for bringing luggages to peoples room.

"Thanks Kai" onika purred rubbing up on the young man's chest, his eyes darkened and I instantly knew that my friend had this man wrapped around her fingers already.

"Bye Kai " I waved and he waved back eyeing my girl.

The bell attendant took our luggages from us and waited in the hotel lobby so that we could check in. I went up to the concierge because I was the more decent one of us two onika was ghetto I had a little more tolerance.

"Good morning how may I help you?" A pretty lady greeted me around the corner.

"Hi... Aum my friend and I are here to check in the name is aliyah Lane" she typed away at her screen a pleasant smile playing on her lips.

"Okay. Wonderful you girls are just on time here is your key card please sign here" I took the silver key card from her and signed my signature in the hotel digital registration book (DRB).

"Thank you" I said walking away to which she replied with "enjoy your stay" I got onika and the bell attendant and made our way to the fifteenth floor of this massive hotel which was fifty floors high so we were pretty low which is why I assume we got a silver key card. The higher you went the more expensive and the more exclusive.

Our room was 212 a double bed suite that had an amazing view of the sea, a Jacuzzi and a fridge with liquor of course.

"Yes!" Onika yelled running to one of the beds and jumping on it I mimicked her and let the softness of the duvet engulf me.

"This is the life baby!" I yelled to no one and we both burst out in laughter.

"Ready for a lit vaca?" She asked turning on her side to face me.

"Fuck yeah"