Chapter 4: Akihiko and Riku Rivalry & Saturday Hangout

It had been roughly a month since Ayane had joined the class; she had already gained the attention of many boys, just like Riku and Akihiko had gained many fangirls.

She also seem to be decently skilled for a newcomer to the academy. Her grades made her the third best student in the class, while Akihiko and Riku were tied for second place; both are still unable to beat Neji yet, but both boys were determined to outdo each other to the number one stop.

Akihiko sat in between Riku and Ayane, who had become his two best friends out of the class. Ayane is a shy person at first, but as she becomes more comfortable around you, she becomes more talkative. Riku is competitive with Akihiko but also cares deeply about his friends and family and, of course, doesn't always talk for sentences.

"Alright, class, today we're going to start with a history trivia game. I want everyone to find a partner," Daiki Sensei said.

Riku stood up and decided to work with Tenten, who was more than glad to work with him. At the same time, Akihiko turned to Ayane and was about to partner up with her, until RockLee tapped her shoulder.

"Ayane, do you want to be partners?" Rocklee asked with a smile.

"Actually, I was going to work with Akihiko Lee," Ayane replied.

"Oh, alright, I'll see if Neji will work with me instead, then," Rocklee said, heading over towards Neji's desk instead.

After everyone had a partner, the game began. Akihiko and Ayane exchanged their answers and gave responses out loud as everyone else did the same in the classroom. One by one, teams were dropping out, feeling they didn't stand a chance to win.

As each group was slowly picked off, it seemed the only teams left had the most intelligent kids in the class on them. Of course, Neji was paired up with the worst kid in class, but his smarts were all he needed to excel.

Everyone was impressed that Ayane seemed to be able to keep up with Riku and Akihiko's rivalry. As the time was almost up, the three remaining groups were shouting over one another until Rocklee made a mistake.

The question 'who was the founder of the Uchiha Police force?' Neji was about to answer it, knowing it was the second Hokage. But Lee beat him to it and gave the wrong answer.

"The third Hokage!" Lee shouted, and everyone fell silent. An annoyed expression formed on Neji's face as Daiki shook his head.

"Incorrect, Lee. It was the second Hokage," Daiki said.

"Oh, my bad!" Lee chuckled nervously, but Neji glared at him, making Lee look at him nervously."Neji, are you alr--"

"You a failure; how could you get that wrong!" Neji snapped.

As everyone headed back to their seats, Daiki pulled out his clipboard and marked everyone's achievements. Since it was the end of the week, people when be moved to different placements as the best students in class.

"Okay, now it's time for lunch. Then we have a math test!" Daiki announced.

Most of the class groaned, not wanting to take a test after lunch.

•••••

Akihiko, Riku, and Ayane, we're chilling in the usual spot under the lovely shady tree, eating their lunch and talking.

"So, are you both ready for this math test?"Akihiko asked.

"Hn."

"Yeah, the class hasn't been that hard since I joined," Ayane replied.

"Yeah, you made it to third place already," Akihiko stated.