Chapter 6: Riku's new found Strength

Akihiko was the biggest fan of rain. It was cold and depressing.

However today it seem to be pouring buckets if water outside. As he woke up to the sound of his alarm clock. He looked out the window groaning that he would have to walk through that rain storm this morning. He tossed off the blanket as he got out of bed.

He let out a yawn as he made his way towards his dresser as he pulled out one of his mask and his usual outfit before heading into the bathroom to get shower and dressed for the day.

He was now making his way to the kitchen to eat breakfast that his mother made for him today. His mother's cooking could turn even a rainy day into a happy and sunny day. He whistle a tune as he approached the kitchen.

But his heart dropped as he walked in the kitchen as he didn't see his mother are breakfast anywhere. He called out for his mother, but no response he then notice a note on the fridge, and grabbed it as she began to read it.

Dear Scorch Prince,

I'm have to stay overnight at the hospital due to a emergency last night. So sorry I couldn't make breakfast, but there cereal in the pantry for you to eat this morning since your father probably still be a sleep when you get up. I see you after class today and I left money for you to buy lunch.

Love your mother!

He sighed as he put the note down and walked towards the pantry and grabbed some of the plain grain cereal his father normally eats for breakfast. He then bowl himself a bowl and poured the milk, before sitting down at the table. He furrowed his brows before eating the nasty old man cereal.

He didn't understand how his father could eat this cereal, because he found it disgusting a she are it only because he was hungry, and his mother would be mad if he didn't eat breakfast.

'Looks like I will be walking to the Academy myself this morning.' He thought looking at the time as his father still haven't seem to have woken up this morning.

He slipped on his sandals and his green haori for the raining whether, he then grabbed his bag and the money off the counter and headed out of the door for the Academy.

••••

Along the way to the Academy he couldn't help but get the feeling something was wrong, because of how quiet the village was. It was raining like crazy so he guess i t was normal for the village yo not be too busy.

Still something didn't feel right in the air. It was like the sky was sad and depressed. He stop by a rice shop and order some rice for lunch. Soon he arrived at the Academy where he saw Ayane was sitting oddly quiet.

"Hey have you noticed it too? Or is it just me?" He asked sitting next to Shane making her look over at him.

"Noticed what?" Ayane asked.

"Today just seems to be off to a bad start," He said running a head through his hair.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"Well for starters it pouring like crazy outside," He said looking out the window. "Which I can't stand the rain,but besides that my mother had to stay at work over night meaning she didn't cook breakfast our make my lunch,and last Riku not here. Something just not right..."

Ayane pursed her lips in a fine line before speaking. "Your father didn't make breakfast for you since your mother was still at work at the hospital?"

"Oh course not he was sleeping in like he normally does when he not on a mission," Akihiko said rolling his eyes."However that besides the point I'm more concern about the fact Riku not here yet class should start in another fifteen minutes."