Chapter 5: Shurikenjustu and new friend

A year has now gone by since Akihiko had started the ninja academy. Since joining the academy, he made friends with Tenten and Rocklee. The rivalry between him and Riku is still quite competitive.

Akihiko was currently sitting next to Riku now, debating on who was going to be the top student this year.

"It is going to be me," Akihiko stated.

"Me."

"Boys, stop it while don't we talk about how Sasuke started his first year at the academy," Ayane said.

"That right. I bet he is excited to join the Academy," Akihiko said.

"Yeah, and obsessed with bright great as Itachi, which I find pointless Itachi is a rare kind of genius," Riku commented.

"Yeah, didn't he graduate after a few months of joining?" Akihiko asked.

"Hn."

"He never will change talks then hn," Ayane laughed.

Daiki then did roll call before starting the class with a review session before moving on to the lesson for today.

••••

Akihiko and the rest of the class were now gathered outside in the courtyard.

"So you are probably all wondering why we're now outside after finishing the review," Daiki started as the kids looked at him."Well, today, we are going to begin our shuriken training."

Everyone cheered, excited to start shuriken training. While some sulked, not wanting to do the training.

"Alright, I'm going to show everyone how great a ninja I can be!" Rock Lee cheered.

"As if you always be a failure no matter what, because that is your destiny," Neji stated.

"That's not true. I will prove to everyone that I can be a great ninja even if my grades aren't the best now!" Rock Lee said, determined.

Akihiko then stepped in between the two boys."Alright, Neji, you need to work on that attitude, and Lee, don't start an argument with him. Save that for another time," He said with a sigh.

"Are the two of you done interrupting me yet," Daiki said, tapping his arm impatiently.

"Sorry, Sensei," Rock Lee apologized while Neji just looked at Daiki with his arms crossed.

Daiki let out an annoyed sigh as he gestured to the wooden posts behind him. "Today, we are going to work over here on the Shurikenjustu. Now, remember this is the beginning of the unit, so I don't expect you all to do perfectly at this. So just try and relax. It is just for me to see where you're at and want you need help with; however, eventually, I will start grading you on this unit, but for now, just relax."

••••

"Neji, your up first."

The brunette stepped forward to the white line on the ground, ready to launch his barrage of Shuriken. Of course, his fangirls were cheering him on. Rocklee looked at Neji as he said something about him being better to himself.

However, when he saw that every single shuriken hit each target DEAD CENTER, he was beyond shocked as Kakashi made a face saying, 'what-did-you-expect? It's my faith to succeed i'm a genius.' while Obito's expression quickly shifted to a frown. As Neji walked back to his spot in line as his fangirls were beaming about how well he did.

"Wow, Neji! You're amazing! Do you train a lot?" Tenten asked. Neji looked at her and then looked back away with his arms crossed.

"Sometimes."