Chapter 10: Offically Shinboi

Natsuko-sensei looked around when narrow eyes when suddenly a barge of shuriken came flying towards her.

"Huh," Natsuko mumbled as she quickly jumped back avoiding the shuriken, and narrowed her eyes as she saw a figure with red within the trees.

Ayane who was in the tree quickly rushed out towards a new hiding spot.

'That attack didn't work got to go about this a different way.' she thought as she rushed off feeling Natsuko trailing her.

"Ah, Ayane you got to do better than that if you expect to get this scroll, " Natsuko said appearing behind Ayane and kicking her sending her crashing into a tree.

"Oh, i'm far from being done," Ayane said with a determined expression on her face as she stood up and reached into her pouch.

"Let's see what you got Uzumaki," Natsuko said with a smile on her face likening the determination in her female student's eyes.

'That Ayane what she planing.' Riku thought from his position hidden within a bush planning his move.

Ayane reached into a pouch and threw a kunai at Natsuko-sensei.

"You think this will stop me?" Natsuko-sensei asked catching the kunai.

"That's just the beginning of my assault!" Ayane said appearing behind Natsuko-sensei.

"Nice try, " Natsuko-sensei said throwing the kunai back at  Ayane and hitting her face only for her to poof away.

'A shadow clone she not bad for a rookie.' Natsuko thought of scanning the area for Ayane when she saw wires with coming toward her sending her into a tree only for her to turn into a log.

"A substitution justu," Ayane muttered walking towards the log.

Meanwhile up in a tree watching the match was Akihiko.

"Ayane not bad but there is no way we can do this alone," He mumbled.

He glanced down to where he could know Riku was and got out of the tree moving over toward him.

"Riku, " He said once he was near Riku.

"Hn?" Riku questioned looking at his best friend.

"We need to do this as a team if we want to get that scroll," Akihiko stated.

Riku nodded."Agree but we are using my plan," He said.

"Fine let's get Ayane and make a plan, " Akihiko said in agreement.

The two then went to get Ayane to plan their move before the real Natsuko-sensei appeared again.

***

Meanwhile in a tree on the other side of the training ground...

"Well look at this seems they got a plan," Natsuko-sensei said as she watched her three students whispering among themselves.

'So what are three going to do next my Genin?' She thought with a smile on her face.

Her eyes widened when suddenly a massive fireball justu came hurling towards her knocking her out of the tree, but she carefully landed safely on the ground.

Her gaze turns toward the direction of Riku stareing at her with a blazing sharingan.

'Incredible such mastery of fire style and has the sharingan already unlike his little brother

'Incredible such mastery of fire style and has the sharingan already unlike his little brother. The massacre must awaken it.' Natsuko-sensei thought intrigued gazing into the eyes of her Uchiha student.

"Such a display of justu," Natsuko-sensei said.

"He is not the only one with great justu in his arsenal, "Akihiko said from behind Natsuko-sensei making hand signs quickly.

"Fire Style:  Dragon Flame Justu!" He said in his head as took a deep breath and spit out the flame shaped like a dragon straight towards Natsuko-sensei.

'A double team attack with Riku being a distraction.' Natsuko-sensei thought as Akihiko came directed toward her from behind.

"That scroll is now ours, "Ayane stated as she appeared from above and fired wire string with Kunai directed attempting to trap her like earlier but also attacking for extra measure with kunais.

"Well I'm impressed, "Natsuko-sensei said avoiding the incoming attack and blocking them with a mud wall."You three more than passed today's exercise, " She announced.

"We did?" Ayane asked confused.

"We didn't even grab the scroll, " Akihiko stated.

"Oh that's true you didn't but you were close to knocking me off my guard," Natsuko-sensei said."However, the true purpose wasn't for you to steal the scroll from me."

"Hn."

"Alright, then what was the true purpose?" Akihiko asked.

"The true purpose was to gauge your teamwork and your skill levels of course," She explained."You three have great potential,  but that alone is not enough. You can only get so far alone,  but farther as a team a friend once told me those who break the rules are scum, but those who abandoned a teammate are worst than scum, " She stated with a smile.

"That saying my father once told ne that, "Akihiko replied remembering hearing those same words from his father once.

"That is correct," Natsuko-sensei said with a nod."So starting today you are officially my students," She announced.

"Alright, we passed the exercise," Ayane said pumping her fist.

"Hn."

"That right, " Akihiko said.

"From here on out we will be training and going on missions together," Natsuko-sensei said."Now meet me here tomorrow at nine in the morning for training and after training, we will have our first mission, you're dismissed, " She said disappearing in a poof of smoke.

"I see you around I'm going to meet on up with Fuyu, " Ayane said.

"Alright see you tomorrow, " Akihiko said as Ayane started walking on off.

"Hey Riku want to grab lunch together?" He asked looking at his Uchiha teammate.

"Sure as long as we can avoid the fangirls, " Riku agreed.

"I feel you those girls are too much," Akihiko said in agreement knowing the pain of being pestered by fangirls.

The two best friends and rivals headed off to get some pasta for lunch after successfully passing their sensei team exercise. Now as an official team, they will begin the journey of becoming shinboi.

Chapter End!

I hope you enjoy the ninth chapter of The Scorch Prince. In this chapter Aikhiko, Riku, and Ayane realize they need to work as a team to get the scroll from Natsuko-sensei and end up passing the test.  To celebrate Aikhiko and Riku decide to get lunch together while Ayane has plans with Fuyu.  I hope you enjoy the chapter. If you did, please leave a vote and comment.

Thanks for reading!

Question of the chapter: What did you think of the exercise?

Word count:  1071