Chapter 7: Asigned Teams

It has been four years since the Uchiha Massacre. Since then, Riku has grown even more determined to become a shinobi as he continued his growing rivalry with his best friend, Akihiko.

The two had grown much since their first day in the academy. The two of them were tied for second best while Neji got rookie of the year.

Today was finally the day to get assigned their teams after passing yesterday's graduation exam, which consisted of a physical exam testing their Taijutsu, shuriken throwing, and their basic ninjutsu skills.

Akihiko, Riku, and  Ayane we're sitting next to each other like each other as they usually do as they wait for their sensei to show up to assign teams of all the graduated students.

Daiki-sensei walked into the classroom holding the list of the teams. "Good morning, everyone. Starting today, you are all Genin," He said.

"Morning," Most of the class greeted back to Daiki-sensei.

"Now, I will now begin to announce the teams. So from here on out, the names I mention will be your teammates, and you will have a Jounin instructor to train and guide you on your mission," He explained.

"Alright, here we go. I hope we're on the same team, you three," Riku said, looking over at Akihiko and Ayane sitting next to him.

"Me too, but I wouldn't mind if my teammates are a few other people I got to befriend, but you two or my closest friends," Ayane replied.

"Agree," Akihiko said with a nod as he adjusted his mask.

"Okay, up first is team 3, which consists of Fuyhito Matsumoto, Ayumu Inuzuka, and Kouma. Your sensei is Aoi Neko, and you are to meet him after lunch at the cherry blossom tree across from the academy near the white roof house," Daiki-sensei said.

'So Fuyu is with the Inuzuka boy? Who is quieter than his younger cousin Kiba who I met a few times.' Akihiko thought, looking at Fuyhito. What was sitting at the desk behind him.

"Now, next up is Team 5, which consists of Ayane Uzumaki, Riku Uchiha, and lastly is Akihiko Hatake. Your sensei is none other than Natsuko Senju, and you are to meet her after lunch on the roof," Daiki-sensei announced.

"No way, isn't she the daughter of the Legendary Sannin Tsunade?" Ayane questioned, looking at her two teammates.

"Yeah, I believe so. Never met her before but heard of her," Riku said.

"I know she was the second best student in my father's class," Akihiko stated.

"Now, finally, we have Team 9, which is Neji Hyuga, Tenten, and Rocklee. Your sensei is Gai, and after lunch, you are to come back here, and he will come to get you."

"Awesome that we got to be on a team together," Ayane said with a smile.

"Yes, it is fantastic though I would have been okay with Rocklee, Tenten, or even Fuyhito," Akihiko said.

"Alright, now that all teams are assigned, your all dismissed for lunch, and don't forget to meet up with your assigned sensei at the location I told you all to meet at," Daiki-sensei said, dismissing the class for lunch.

"Okay, let's go find somewhere to eat and then head on up to the roof to meet Natsuko-sensei," Akihiko said, standing on up.

"Hn."

"You never change, Riku," Ayane said, laughing as who stood up as well.

Riku just shrugged, joining his two friends as they started to walk out of the classroom to have lunch outside.

***

As Akihiko, Ayane, and Riku made it outside; they found a nice bench to sit on under a large shade tree to eat their lunch.

"So what do you think are sensei is like?" Ayane asked, opening her bento box that had sushi, rice, and shrimp.

"I don't know; my father said she was nice but also can be kind of scary. He didn't get to know her that we'll since she mainly kept to herself for one, her father is unknown," Akihiko replied.

"Hn. It might of be an incident of too much drinking, so her mother probably never talked about the father," Riku explained, eating a rice ball.

"Possible; I heard people say Tsunade drank a lot," Akihiko said before eating some of his green apple.

"Yeah, the elders don't seem to have much respect for her since she left the village," Ayane said, recalling some of the things the elders said when she went to her father a feel times to see the Hokage when he turned in his mission reports.

"Understandable," Akihiko agreed, putting his mask back up on his face.

"Dude, why do you wear that mask? We've been the only one to see your face, which is quite a pretty face, and im not even into guys," Riku commented.

"I don't know, really. My father always wears one, and for some reason, he makes me wear one, but I guess part of me does it because I admire my father a lot," Akihiko commented.

"Hn."

"That's understandable. I always style my hair like my mother because of how beautiful she looks," Ayane replied with a smile." Her younger sister and I recently saw a picture of has short bright red hair, which was straight and chin-length and parted to frame both sides of her face."

"Aw, so you saw a picture of your aunt."

"Sure did she pretty but be even more beautiful if she grew her hair out like mom," Ayane smiled.

"Long hair can be beautiful if cared for correctly," Riku said, now eating another rice ball.

"So you like long hair heard girls in your brother's class grew their hair out, thinking he the same way," Akihiko said, laughing.

"Hn."

Ayane and Akihiko both looked at each thinking the same thing.

'He never changes with that Hn.' They both thought.

After finishing lunch, Team 5 started to make their way to the roof to meet their Jounin sensei.

Chapter End!

I hope you enjoy the Seventh chapter of The Scorch Prince. In this chapter Aikhiko and they get assigned their team and sensei. Akihiko sensei is an oc created by Bailey_Fandom2 for a story she has been dafting out. We learn what Ayane. Aunt looks like. I hope you enjoy the chapter. If you did, please leave a vote and comment.

Thanks for reading!