05

steve:

"you should have just said no!", robin stated while putting down her glass energetically.

"no i couldn't "just say no", robin!", steve groaned and hid his face in his hands while supporting them with his elbows on the kitchen table. "saying no to jason isn't even an option, you know?!"

"you're trying to tell me that the steve harrington who literally the entire school had at least at one point in their lifetime a crush on- has the ability to ask a girl out but doesn't know how to say no?", robin leaned back in her chair laughing while steve just sighed and rubbed his eyes with the palms of his hands.

"that's just not true! neither part of your accusation just so you know! i have the ability to say no just not to jason! but no one can say no to jason so i am no exception"

"uhuu "no one can say no to jason" gosh people who don't know the context of your statement would probably think you have a silly little teenager crush on him", robin started laughing even louder while steve just made a gagging sound.

"jason?! seriously?? he has blonde hair you know i prefer dark hair, rob!"

"WOW! so you deny the hair colour but not him being a dude? you're behaving kinda suspicious my friend", robin, who sat opposite him leaned really close to him above the table, their noses almost touching while robin's eyes turned into small slits. she reminded steve of one of those many detectives whenever they would find a hint in those really predictable murder movies which made him laugh.

"hey! why are laughing! i am being serious!", robin said and even though she said that, steve could see how hard robin tried to suppress a smile.

steve reached for his glass and took a sip.

"i mean if you prefer dark hair- we both know someone who could offer that, hm?", robin teased and looked at steve with a big grin. steve furrowed his eyebrows for a few seconds, not understanding who robin was talking about until his brain clicked and steve literally spit out his water on the floor and almost choked for the next 30 seconds.

"robin! eddie and i are just working !", steve stressed while nervously holding eye contact with his friend.

"now look at that! i didn't even mention a name and you're already thinking about a guy you just meet 24 hours ago!"

steve opened his mouth, ready to defend himself but robin just waved her hand and laughed.

"no need to defend yourself, steve. i know you like women. but you can't deny that eddie doesn't look horrible. even i as a pure lesbian can state that"

"yeah, i mean i guess he looks cool", steve mumbled and dared to take another sip of water.

"great, now that we're also done with that topic- can we please order pizza i am starving and we have to go to work in a bit more than an hour", robin checked the big clock hanging on the kitchen wall.

"oh yeah you're right! i completely forgot about food to be honest"

"something you will never hear me say", robin grinned and reached for the phone. "what pizza do you want?"

"uhm, salami?", steve answered while checking for his wallet.

"yup, okay", robin answered while typing in the number of the pizza service.

half an hour later, steve and robin sat on the couch in the living room while munching happily their pizzas.

"hm, steve?", robin asked while chewing on the crust.

"yes?", steve turned to robin while struggling with the cheese.

"did you and eddie even talk about when you want to meet up? i mean there's really no pressure but i'd rather start this project early than having to stress through the last week"