Chapter One

"Now, what story would you like me to tell you tonight?" Agnette asked.

"Tell me the one about Loki, grandma." Asta replied.

"The prisoner?" Agnette asked.

"Tell me about how you two met and what happened." Asta said.

"Well, I did meet him when I was living on Midgard. The two of us quickly became friends and he cared for me knowing that I could die any day, given I was mortal once. After some time, he brought me to Asgard and I started to fall for him. But he knew better than fall for a mortal. He kept his boundaries and I started to drift away from him. I grew older and he hadn't aged a day since I first met him when he and I were nineteen. By the time I was thirty my crush for Loki had gone away when I fell for your grandfather. I was thirty when I met him and he promised me a long life if I accepted his proposal. I did and I was given an apple that granted me life as long as the gods. Then I had two boys and your father had you. And then, they attacked our village and you know the rest." Agnette recalled.

"You and Loki were friends. That's hard to believe." Asta chuckled.

"And why is that?" Agnette asked.

"You aren't one for tricks." Asta replied.

"When I was with Loki with created mischief every day. But then I met your grandfather and I grew up. I had realized that being with Loki was reckless. He was too care free. Although he was a good man, he did need some improvement. And then there was the day we thought he had died." Agnette explained.

"What exactly happened?" Asta asked.

"He and Thor had destroyed the Bifrost and they both along with Odin were dangling off of it. I was told from your grandfather that Loki had lost his grip and fallen into the abyss but I knew better. I knew so much better." Agnette told her.

"And why is that?" Asta asked.

"Loki was a jealous young boy. He knew Odin loved Thor more than him and strived to be worthy in his eyes. That's why he killed his own birth father, Laufey and tried to kill all the Frost giants." Agnette replied.

"He's a Frost giant?" Asta asked.

"He very much is and he was so distraught when he found out. The day he found out, he had come running to me, crying. And I was stupid to tell him that he should suck it up and grow up. He was a rowdy boy but I never knew what he would grow up into. After a year he had come back to Asgard, about four years ago. He was put into chains for what he did to my home. And then those Dark Elves attacked and he and Thor teamed up to defeat them. Loki faked his own death and tried to take over the throne. He failed once Thor found out Loki had not died and Odin punished Loki in a way that I never thought possible." Agnette explained.

"What did he do?" Asta asked.

"I will admit that Loki has gone mad at some point and what he did to Asgard and Midgard was unforgiveable, but, Loki had just lost his mother, Frigga. He cared for her so much. Odin had declared that, since Loki loved his magic and powers, he would have Loki's mouth sewn shut as to not recite spells and special gloves chained to his hands so he could not conjure any spells. The worst part about that day two years ago was that I was present to watch it." Agnette told Asta as her voice broke.

Loki had chains around his hands, ankles, neck and torso as he walked down the throne room to Odin.

"Loki, you have betrayed us several times in the past. And I will not stand for it any longer. These tricks must stop and I know the perfect way to put them to an end." Odin told him.

"What will you do, Odin? You can't just simply take away my magic. That's not how it works. You know that." Loki smirked.

"I know one cannot remove magic from a sorcerer, but, I can prevent him from using it." Odin said.