Chapter Three

The following morning, Eir met with Odin again to discuss the matters of Asta.

"Now, should we make her aware of the prisoner's outbursts?" Eir asked.

"No." Odin replied.

"What?" Eir asked.

"If you want Asta to prove that she can be the healer who takes over after you, she must prove herself. And I want to see if she can handle such things. We all know that because some of Loki's communications have been cut off, it's harder for him to get his point across. I've seen it happen. It's not pretty. I shall make you a deal, Eir." Odin replied.

"And what deal is that?" Eir asked.

"If Asta can successfully tame Loki and turn him into the man I once knew, I shall set him free. If she does not, he will be killed." Odin told her.

"And what should I say to her?" Eir asked.

"Nothing. Nothing at all. All you are to do is assist her with small things. But leave her with him each day. I want to see if this girl is as obliging as you claim." Odin explained.

Asta awoke and got changed for her new day. Agnette had made her breakfast which Asta ate all of.

"You seem excited today." Agnette commented.

"I'll be able to know if I can continue my practices with Loki today." Asta told her.

Agnette smiled softly and kissed her head before Asta left the room. She slowly made her way to the healing room and was greeted by Eir.

"Have you spoken with the Allfather?" Asta asked.

"I have." Eir replied.

"What did he say? Pray do tell." Asta asked frantically.

"He said he will allow it." Eir told her.

Asta smiled brightly as she exclaimed with joy.

"Oh, thank you so much! I can't wait to start my lessons on him." Asta said cheerfully.

"Well then, come along now. We can't keep him waiting." Eir told her.

Asta followed Eir to the prisons and Asta trailed behind her.

"So, what is my task today?" Asta asked.

"Today, you will improve more of your seidr skills. Such as the hunger spell you used on him. And you can mend to his other injuries. I will remain outside the cell watching over you." Eir told her.

"I can handle myself, Eir." Asta said.

"It's the Allfather's demands." Eir told her.