The Pauline Phoenix Experience

Something was completely different about the Dead End mansion. For starters, everything was black and white and it was pouring rain outside.

"What does it mean to be truly alone? I have had ample time to ponder this question all these long years, wandering these halls from witching hour to dawn, with only the creak of foot on the floor, and the whisper of the wind through the eaves to keep me company.", Norma said. She was wearing a dress and her hair done up in a bun, looked out the window with a lit candle in her hand, while Courtney, wearing a maid uniform, was sleeping on a chair.

"But, in my heart, I am alone.", Norma continued. "Patience!", Norma... or Patience gasped, before turning around to see Barney wearing a suit and his hair was slicked back.

"Reginald!", Norma/Patience exclaimed. "My darling sister, why are you awake at this late, late hour? A beautiful young woman such as yourself should be tucked up in her boudoir as soon as the night cockerel as sunbathe his sweet lullaby. Wouldn't you agree, Uncle?", Barney... I mean, Reginald said, before he and Patience turned their attention towards Pugsley standing before them, wearing small glasses, the fur on his top of head styled, and had a walking stick holding him up.

"It is not for me to agree or disagree with the choices of man, for I am something beyond humanity now. And when the full moon emerges from the clouds outside, you'll see, you'll both see...", Pugsley said. He turned towards Courtney and exclaimed, "Even Mildred will see!"

Causing her to startled and awaken. "Cousin Patience, I can't sleep.", Pauline said.

Everyone looked up to see a little Pauline standing at the top of the staircase. Norma/Patience walked towards the staircase and stated, "Cousin Gail, it is far past your bedtime."

"Forgive me, but I had such awful night horrors. Vision of witches, gargoyles, and communists. Oh, my ghost, Patience...", Pauline/Gail said. She ran down the staircase and hugged Norma/Patience.

"Something is wrong.", Pauline/Gail continued. Norma/Patience wrapped her arms around her, before Pauline/Gail turned her attention towards the others.

"One of you, all of you, you're not meant to be here.", Pauline/Gail said. "Now, now, back to bed with you.", Norma/Patience ordered.

"All right, dear, let me fetch you some bubbly milk, and I'll see you back to your slumber.", Courtney/Mildred offered, as she led Pauline/Gail up the staircase. "This is wrong. You're not supposed to be here, you. All of you, you're not supposed to be here!", Pauline/Gail exclaimed.

Suddenly, thunder was heard, which caused Pugsley to snap out of his trance. "What the...", Pugsley started.

He looked at himself, before dropping the walking stick and shouted out, "Barney! I asked you to stop dressing me up when I feel asleep." "Dressing you up?", Barney/Reginald asked.

He turned towards Pugsley to see that he was back to wearing his fez hat, catching the dog completely off-guard. "And who is this 'Barney' you speak of?", Barney/Reginald asked, before turning his attention back to the staircase.

"What? Barney, wake up!", Pugsley shouted out, before running towards Barney's leg and bit him. "Ow, Pugsley!", Barney, back in his regular clothes, glared down at Pugsley, who released his leg.

"Pugsley! Pugsley, that hurt!", Barney continued. He looked around and finally noticed the lack of colors on his dog and the mansion.

"Wait, why are you black and white? Why is everything in black and white?", Barney asked. "Well, it looks the same to me. I think we're in the TV.", Pugsley assumed.