Night of the Living Kids

It was late at night at the Phoenix Parks and Courtney was attempting to speak with Temeluchus through Pugsley, but is having no such luck. "Ding dong! Anyone in there? Hello? Temeluchus? Your majesty.", Courtney called out, as she got uncomfortably close in Pugsley's face, as the dog was sitting on a chair.

"Hi, it's me, Pugsley, the talking dog.", Pugsley reminded Courtney. Courtney pulled herself away from the dog and walked off with her arms crossed.

"No, no. I don't need you. I need who's inside you.", Courtney said. Suddenly, her eyes widen as a thought occurred to her.

"Wait...", Courtney continued. She pulled out the spell book and flipped through the pages, while chuckling.

"They say the eyes are the windows to the soul.", Courtney said. She got up close to Pugsley's face once again and pushed his eyelids all the way open to get a better look at his eyes.

"Be right back.", Courtney said, before disappearing in a puff of smoke. While that was going on, Barney was pacing around near the front door as he was texting in his face.

"Hey, Patrick. Happy birthday to the best little brother in the world.", Barney said. Meanwhile, Courtney came back with a box and dug around inside, before pulling out a handheld vacuum cleaner.

"No! Too sucky.", Courtney said, before tossing the vacuum cleaner to the side. "Sorry I haven't been there.", Barney muttered, while continuing to text.

Courtney pulled out a saw blade, before tossing it as well. "Too rusty.", Courtney continued.

"Sorry I haven't been the greatest big brother.", Barney muttered. Courtney pulled out an axe, before it slipped out of her hands and said, "Not rusty enough."

"And I live in a theme park now.", Barney said. He stopped pacing, as he continues to text his message.

"Barney, are you ready?", Cyrus and Norma called out. Barney looked up to see Cyrus and Norma standing before him.

"Oh, yeah. I was just... Uh...", Barney stuttered. He trailed off when he sees Norma's satchel overflowed with stuff.

"Uh, what's with the bag? It's only an overnight shift.", Barney continued. "Oh, just a few Pauline Phoenix horror movies. My favorite is...", Norma said.

She reached into her satchel and pulled out a VHS. "The Night Hag.", Norma continued.

"Norma, these kids are like eight. Won't that give them nightmares?", Cyrus asked. "These are for me to watch. I don't care what the kids get up to.", Norma said, before putting the VHS back in her satchel and walked of.

Barney looked at his phone and sighed at the messages he ignored, before turning it off. "Hey! You okay, Barney?", Cyrus asked.

"Oh, yeah. I'm fine. Just trying to deal with something personal, ya know?", Barney responded, as he put his phone in his jacket. "Say no more. Totally understandable.", Cyrus said, before walking out.

"Well, come on. Essie is waiting for us.", Cyrus added. Barney sighed to himself before following after Cyrus, leaving Pugsley alone with Courtney.

"Perfect.", Courtney said. She stood in front of Pugsley with an ice cream scooper in her hand.

"Now which eye is your favorite and I'll start with the other.", Courtney continued. With eyes filled with fear, Pugsley ran out of the Dead End house and charged towards Barney and the others.