03-Warwick and Clarence

On September 14th, 1463, Mary walked through the Palace of Westminister's strange yet now familiar passageways. She still knew very little to nothing about the privy council and the lower Yorkist nobility, but she recognised their names. Warwick, the Kingmaker, a skilful manipulator who is all about power, and Hastings, the King's closest companion. 

She was abruptly halted in the corridor next to the gardens by a tall man with brown hair and an authoritative expression on his face. She was uneasy because of his haughty demeanour, but his signet ring revealed that he was the kingmaker. She tried not to display any contempt on her face as she lowered into a curtsey.

"My apologies,m' Lord; I'll leave you well."

She attempted to go past him, but his sarcastic tone was evident.

"Lady Richmond, do remember you are the young one on the losing side only by the Kings favour and sympathy are you here do well to remember that, fortunes wheel will rise and fall out of your control and I would have my way you will go low," the man threatened.

As Mary sucked in a deep breath as he sauntered off she could not believe he would threaten a 6-year-old but found it comforting that he acts like that to most from what she had heard. She wondered how long before she would be killed by a York at that she went to her chamber and wept for what could have been.

However, that was not the end of the unpleasant meetings. Sitting in the rose garden in the late autumn, when the trees were coated in orange and yellow leaves, was such a great experience. Mary jumped as a harsh voice abruptly shattered the serenity of the garden.

"You all deserve to die, and yet when Edward declared he was forgiving Lancaster vermin, I didn't believe him, but my brother seems to have lost his wits."

When Mary turned around, she was dwarfed by the middle York brother and haughty, ruthless Duke of Clarence, who was well aware of his own greatness. If Mary did not already loathe him, she most surely did at this point as she sank low.

He growled at her, as she spoke.

"

Forgive me, your grace, I was unaware of your presence."

"Foolish child, one day you'll die at my command and Lancaster will be completely obliterated."

Despite her trepidation, Mary attempted a pleasant smile and used an innocent voice to convey her youth.

"Perhaps forgiveness is a preferable course of action, Your Grace, as a day when England is truly at peace would be beneficial for all of us."

After that, Mary warily made her way to the chapel where she prayed for some sort of mercy despite the fact that she now had two deadly adversaries.