Like Magic

You leaned on Papyrus shoulder as you all watched some horror anime called Corpse Party. It certainly was... something. Alphys clung to Undyne and after awhile it was shut off. "No more horror anime for you, Alphy. Let's get to bed. "GOOD NIGHT YOU TWO, SLEEP WELL."
"Goodnight you two, don't stay up too late!" Undyne gave her sharklike grin before they left. Sans and Kyle were in Sans room playing Xbox, whatever that was and Toriel, Asgore, and Frisk went to bed long before the anime started so it was just you and Pap left awake. "I, UH, DO YOU WANT TO SLEEP OUT HERE OR.." He blushed a little at the thought of sharing a bed with you. But that's what couple do, right? "Would you be comfortable if we shared a bed? I mean, mates do it all the time, so I'm cool with it, but I don't know how monster couples work so-"
"NO, IT'S FINE! WE CAN... share the bed... um.." You quirked a brow, but he shook his head and rose from the couch. "LET'S GET SOME REST THEN!" He grabbed your hand and guided you forward and to his bedroom.

♧♧♧

You waited outside while he got dressed into his pajamas. You didn't exactly have that luxury anymore. Not yet anyway. You couldn't go back and gather your stuff, let alone say goodbye. "Here." You hadn't noticed that Papyrus had finished up and opened the door. There was some clothes in his hands. "Until we get you something to wear, you can borrow these. Sorry if they don't fit." You and Papyrus traded places and suddenly it was you changing in his room while he waited outside for you to be done. The clothes provided was a way too long pair of orange pants and 'COOL DOWN' T-shirt that was also way too long for you. You were fine with that and opened the door to let Papyrus in. The room looked to be set up as it had been in the Underground, probably so he knew where everything was and to keep a sense of familiarity. "I like your room." You looked up at Papyrus who looked down at you, blushing. "You look even cuter in my clothes than I thought.." You weren't even sure if he knew he said that out loud or not, but it had you blushing as well.

♧♧♧

Eventually you both went to bed. Well, you went INTO bed, you didn't fall asleep. Something felt awkward about this, though you couldn't comprehend why. Papyrus was tense, turned away from you. He was uncomfortable even though he said this was ok. "I can sleep on the couch, you know. I wouldn't be hurt." Papyrus sat up sighing. No, I don't want you to go.." You sat up as well. "Then what's up? Why are you uncomfortable?" You asked, hoping to get this figured out so you both could sleep. "I'm afraid... I missed a step." You blinked, looking more and more confused by the second. "Missed a step?" Papyrus nodded. "I missed a step in dating, and I must correct it." Oh, so it was a monster thing. "Then by all means, correct your missed step, Pap. I won't stop you." Papyrus turned his body to face yours. "You won't?" You shook your head. "I won't. I want us both to be comfortable with each other." Papyrus pondered your answer before giving a nod. "Very well then." He grabbed your chin suddenly, lifting it as he leaned in, teeth meeting lips that touched like electricity. The he pulled away. "Goodnight, [Y/N], love you." He fell asleep with contented ease.

♧♧♧

You woke up the next day snuggled into Papyrus chest while his arms were wrapped firmly around you. You'd been in quite the daze after that goodnight. The kiss left you hungry for more, more of his kisses, more of his touch. It was weird to think about since he was a Skeleton and didn't actually have lips. Still, this was good. You were getting closer as mates. He was getting comfortable around you, as a mate should. You were certainly comfortable being held in his arms like this. Your eyes wandered to his closed sockets, then down to his teeth. Would it feel the same as last night if you initiated the kiss? You leaned forward and pressed your lips to his teeth to test it out. Papyrus hummed in his sleep, pulling you closer. His face scrunched and with a slightly more confused hum, Papyrus sockets opened and you pulled away. "W-wha..?" He mumbled sleepily. "I was waiting for the same feel as last night's kiss, but it didn't come.." Papyrus chuckled. "Maybe because one of us was asleep." He looked at the clock. 5:43. "Mm, good morning."

♧♧♧

Papyrus got up and stretched, you following behind. "Do you always wake up this early? It's fairly close to when I wake up, but I'll admit I'm somewhat surprised." Papyrus started milling about the room, grabbing his clothes to start the day. "Everyone else usually sleeps in." You followed his routine from your spot next to the bed. "I usually wake up between four and five when the pack starts to prepare for the day." You bit you lip and looked down. "I'll probably be stuck on that schedule for awhile.." You admitted with a small laugh. Papyrus merely came over and gave you a hug. "Let's go eat, hm?" You smiled and nodded, beaming more when he pecked your lips again. The light to the kitchen was already on when you and Papyrus got there. It seemed Kyle and sorta Sans was awake too... hardly. Sans kinda laid his head on the table while his arms hung limply at his sides. Kyle gave a sheepish grin. "I kinda... woke him up." He said apologetically. "And he couldn't fall back asleep, so here we are."
"Nightmare's again?" When Kyle didn't say anything, Papyrus sighed. "At least he has you." Kyle nodded in agreement.