the man.

i'm so sick of running as fast as i can
wondering if i'd get there quicker if i was a man

PEGGY CARTER

"MARGARET!!!!!!!" Charlotte's loud voice rang through my door.

"For God's sake, Char! Just knock!"

She knocked really loudly.

"Are you ready?" She peeped her head in when she opened the door.

"Yes, let's go."

When we arrived at the compound with Mr. Jarvis, Charlotte and I climbed the fence and ventured inside.

A couple of guys were talking, so we quietly crouched down to listen. I heard static from my radio and Jarvis's voice boomed.

Naturally, one of the guys walked over to investigate, so, in a panic, I flashed a bright light in his eyes.

The other guy ran, so Charlotte ran after him. As I tried to catch up, I noticed that she seemed to be running a bit faster.

I tried to shoot at him, but I missed.

"Don't move any further!" I yelled just as he opened up a truck full of the Nitromene.

The guy pulled out a strange device and held it up to his neck, and out came a digital voice.

He said something about Leviathan, but most of what he said was nearly incomprehensible.

He smashed one of the Nitromene bottles he was holding. "You have 30 seconds," he warned as he ran into the truck and drove away.

"Run!" I yelled to Char. She immediately obeyed. I was terrified that, at any given moment, Charlotte would collapse from sudden pain. I just kept praying as I ran that she would be okay.

I pulled out my radio speaker as we ran and ordered Jarvis to pull up.

When he drove by, Charlotte and I jumped on top of the car.

I started to slip off. Somehow she effortlessly pulled me up, only losing a shoe in the process.

"I didn't know you were that fast and strong!" I yelled.

"Neither did I!"

I peeped my head over the windshield.

"Step on it!"

"Are you going to get in?!" He yelled.

The two of us climbed in the car as Jarvis sped us away from the disaster.

We barely made it out of the damage radius. We only managed to lose a shoe, license plate, and tail bumper.

"Well, we survived." Charlotte breathed out. "If you don't mind, I am going to sleep on the way back..."

I nodded and glanced back at the small ball that was once a huge building.

Damn.

JACK THOMPSON

Compared to the original building, the ball of rubble left behind from the Nitromene explosion was miniscule.

Chief assigned Krzeminski to do the hands-on investigating of the remains while he took me with to the Roxxon company building.

With the suspicion that the explosion could've been an inside job, we talked with one of the managers.