Twenty-Five - Ego

I'm currently in my old room... or should I say Reese's room, waiting for her to come out of the shower so we could talk for awhile before I have to leave for the airport to go back to Mullingar. She walks out of the bathroom in her red and black striped towel and sits on her bed opposite mine.

"You know, I've just noticed that your ass looks great in that towel" I say and she raises an eyebrow. "Lucky Rick" I smirk.

"Nice backup. I was starting to think that you were about to come out of the closet" She laughs and I roll my eyes at her. "Sup?" She starts brushing her wet damp hair and I sigh.

"Past few days have been... weird." I start. "Very weird. You know, we kissed and all an-"

"And all?! Did y'all fuck?" She cuts me off and I shoot her the 'are you fucking serious?' look. "Sorry, go on" She apologizes and I start telling her about what happened few hours back.

"The way he kissed me made me feel as if that meant something but I just don't know what!" I yell, angry and frustrated. "It's so frustrating! First he gets angry at me for getting angry at him and then he kisses me and asks me if I fucking got the answer. Then he asks me if we're friends again!" I sit against the wall and sigh in frustration. "I hate him"

"What did you say?" She's narrows her eyes at me and looks at me as if she was going to kill me if I disagreed.

"No"

"Are you fucking serious?" She stands up. She looks even more stressed than I am.

"What? He asked if we could be friends with benefits! Who does that?!" I stood in front of her.

"This is going to shock you but I think you're in love with him" She holds me by my shoulder and looks me in the eye.

"You're joking, right?" I laugh.

"Does it look like I am?"

"No?"

"Then?"

"I'm not in love with him" I turn around. "I haven't even forgiven him yet!"

"Then try forgiving him!" She says.

"Try? You want me to fucking try? Try and do what? Get hurt again?" I yell. I don't know what is happening right now but if people pass through our room, they'll think we're having a war behind closed doors.

"How do you know if you're going to get hurt? He apologized, didn't he? Why are you holding onto your ego?" She asks, changing her clothes.

"He was crying while apologizing. He told me that he needed time to tell me the truth." I tear up. I don't even know why I'm holding onto my ego. Now I'm even more confused than before.

"He loves you, El"

"I know and I do too." I nod.

"No! He loves you, more than friends. Don't you understand?" She groans in frustration. Oh?

"What bullshit!" I fake a laugh.

"Are you blind? Can't you see the signs?"

"What signs?" What the fuck is she talking about? "How are you so sure about that?! Do you even know if Rick is in love with you if he has never told you?"

"I know he is because of what he does for me." Annoyance is clearly visible in her voice and eyes.

"So y'all are a thing now?" I ask, smirking and trying to change the topic. I hate talking about love and shit. You need full trust in the opposite person which I clearly don't have.

"Don't change the topic."

"I asked something"

"Yeah, we're dating. Can we go back to your life now?" She brushes her hair and styles it nicely. I could watch her styling her hair differently for hours and not get tired. I don't know where she gets all those ideas from.