Twenty-Six - My twin?

We get off the jet as soon as it lands and are now walking towards the VIP exit. There were not much people there, only the security and some other people who are using the exit. I follow Niall as he walks towards Greg's car and we sit inside. We got our luggage's put into the back seat and Greg starts driving.

"Where are we going?" I ask, breaking the silence. It's weird to see that they're not talking whereas the last time he came here, they were wide awake until midnight, gossiping like girls.

"Home?" He answers, questionably.

In fifteen minutes or so, we have reached Niall's house and are in our separate rooms. I lay down on the bed and start thinking about what happened in the jet. Was that real? What the hell was that all about? It felt... real but I don't know if I should take this seriously. Plus, we're not even friends.

Maura walks into my room and I sit up. She sits beside me and rubs my back while smiling at me. I have a feeling the conversation we're about to have right now is somehow related to Niall and our 'relationship.'

"How are you?" She asks, looking at me.

"I'm absolutely fine. Is everything okay?" I ask, worriedly.

"I shouldn't be telling you this since you've changed from his best friend to his girl friend, I just want to let you know that Niall has a very soft heart..." She trails off. Oh fuck. No, not this. I look at her with my eyes wide open. I never knew that I'd ever have this 'talk' with my ex-best friend's mother. "Please don't hurt him." She has tears in her eyes. What had happened that was so bad that she's tearing up?

"I wouldn't want to hurt him. I'd never hurt him. I promise that." I promise and hug her.

"Few years back were very tough years for him, and I still don't know what happened." She chokes on her tears and I wipe them away with my sleeves.

"What happened?" I ask, confused.

"What do you mean? You don't know about it?"

"Huh? No I don't?"

"Oh." She says, standing up.

"What happened, Maura?" I stand.

"Nothing. I don't think I'm suppose to tell you" She starts walking towards the door and I stop her by blocking her from going.

"I need to know! I need to know everything. I love him and I'd do anything to protect him, please tell me" I beg and backed off as soon as it hit me when I thought of what I had told her. I don't love him. I never have. There was a moment of silence till she took a deep breath before speaking. "Please"

"Last year, during Christmas..." She starts off. "He was in his room and for a few days straight, he wouldn't let anyone into his room whenever he's asleep... I don't know Elena. It was strange because he'd never wear jeans and long sleeved clothes at home all day." She stops, narrowing her eyes.

"Oh?"

"Yeah, and then one day I simply walked into his room to keep his clothes until I-I saw multiple cuts on his legs and arms." Tears stream down her cheeks and my face is struck with horror. What the fuck? He cut? He self harmed. I can't believe what I just heard.

"What? He... he wouldn't" I try to stop my tears and calm my anger but I don't think it is working because I have the urge to curse the fuck out of him this instance and that's what I will do.

I left the room without saying anything else and walked down the hallway, barging into his room. He was shirtless and in his shorts with shock written all over his face.

"El, what are yo-"

"Who the fuck do you think you are?!" I yell at him. I've had enough of him hiding things from me.