Thirty-Three- Anger Management

Soon, I reached the dormitory and am on my way up to Reese's room. It's kind of weird calling it 'Reese's room' since I used to live there too and I'm still visiting it often so technically... it's still my room but I don't live there anymore. What on earth am I even thinking about? Stupid elevator moments.

I reached the floor and walk towards our room and knocked on it. After awhile, Reese opens the door and I walk in to an empty room. Eleanor wasn't there and everything wasn't... messy. It was clean and everything was kept neatly at its place. Okay, this is creepily weird. I've never seen this side of her before.

"So, I-"

"I've never seen this side of you before." I say with my eyes opened wide.

"What side?" She asks, confused and slightly annoyed that I cut her off.

"The room is clean and everything is back at its place. This is not you." I laugh and she rolls her eyes at me. "Are you okay? You seem annoyed." I sit on her bed and she sits beside me. "And where's Eleanor?"

"She went into the bathroom a few seconds before you knocked on the door" She says and I nod. "By the way, you did a good thing bringing Eleanor here. You know, I could actually get to know her properly" She smiles and I look at her with narrowed eyes.

"What do you mean by you could get to know her properly? You didn't know she existed until I told you about her." I ask, confused and curious. Her facial expression changes and she looks away.

"I mean, I was quite lonely when you moved out of this place so I needed s-someone to talk to and share things with." She stammers and I nod.

"I'm always here if you want to talk. All you got to do is call me and I'll be here. You do know that right?" I hold her hand and realized that it's ice cold although the air conditioning wasn't on. Plus, her palms were a little sweaty, signaling that she's nervous about something. "Is there something that you wish to tell me?" I ask.

"A week ago, my dad asked me to meet him at his office..." She trails off. "And when I reached there, he showed me a picture of you and asked me if I knew this person." She stops.

"And?" I breathe. She squeezes my hands and leans against the wall. I hope it's not what I'm thinking of.

"So obviously, I said yes and said that you're my best friend. Then he told me her name and it shocked me... I mean, same person with a different name? That's just weird, isn't it?"

"What was her name?" I ignore her question and focused on the name.

"Eleanor." She breathes.

"I still don't get it"

It took her a moment to let it out. Her forehead was sweaty and she was in the verge of tears.

"She's my sister, El" She says.

"What?"

"My dad told me that he hasn't seen her after the day he left Mullingar. He never told me the whole thing but all I know is this." She lets go of my hands and I get off the bed.

"I can't believe this."

"Me neither"

I'm so confused right now. "So, Eleanor is my twin but also your sister?"

"Half sister, yes"

"Wait, didn't you tell me that your mum and dad got divorced because he did something bad?" I ask. I want to get to the end of this. This is confusing me and it's frustrating. She looks down, embarrassed.

"He cheated on her." She speaks, after a short silence.

"With my-"

My phone starts ringing, cutting me off from what I was about to say. The caller ID flashed George's name and I groan in frustration. What the fuck does he want now? I answer the phone.