thirteen

•

"I've got a text!" I look over at Paige as she stands up from by the sun loungers. "Islanders, tonight there will be a recoupling. In which the boys will choose which girls they wish to couple up with. #ticktock"

I was sat with Luca and Liam but there wasn't really any reaction from any of us. There was gasps everywhere else but Liam looked down at his hands and Luca squeezed my thigh.

"You alright Liam?"

"Yeah." He walked off towards the Beach Hut, leaving me and Luca on the bean bags.

"Someone's going home tonight." I point out.

"There's three single girls and only Liam. If no other guy comes in two girls might go."

"Can everyone gather around the fire pit please." Liam had came back from the Beach Hut and headed to the fire pit, everyone following behind him.

I can tell that Luca knows something because he tensed up when Liam spoke. And I'm guessing whatever it is, it's not gonna be fun.

"So obviously, we all came here for the same reason, but I haven't really been feeling I've been giving 100% Liam and I know what that is and this isn't it." Oh no. I grab Luca's hand and squeeze it knowing he's gonna need the comfort. "Trying to find someone to leave the villa with, one that you care about, I mean that's the goal isn't it. But when you're not feeling that, I feel that makes it a very hard sort if time to find that. I've been thinking long and hard and this isn't a spur of the moment type thing so yeah, I've made a decision that I'm gonna leave the villa. It's been a ball. You're all unreal."

Everyone gets up to hug Liam but me and Luca. I turn and hug Luca, his arms wrapping around my waist and his head resting in my neck.

I feel the wetness of his cheek on my neck and squeeze him tightly before pulling back, wiping his cheeks and kissing him.

"Let's go help him pack." He gets up and hugs Liam before we make our way into the bedroom.

I was never really close with Liam but he's Luca's best mate in here and there was a lot of times I'd be with them whilst they were talking or messing about. Luca's the person that will show how he truly feels and he wears his heart on his sleeve so everyone can see how this is affecting him.

"You'll have to come down to Brighton once we're out of here." I'm hoping that Luca and Liam will be able to pick up where they leave their friendship after our time in the villa. They really are like brothers.

"Or you come up and see me."

"It's a 2 v 1, me and Luca are in Brighton so show up whenever you're free. It's cheaper that way." I'm so glad I won't have to spend money on travel if I stick with Luca. A few minutes walk is much better than being hours and multiple modes of transport apart.