✿ - How to Write a Love Story (Ike Eveland)

Request for: @ / Nervous_Button

A/N: Im so sorry I haven't updated this in so long. I had to take a break for a while because I had a major writers block and I had an algebra course I had to take over the summer because I ... failed... ANYWAYS! I'll try to start posting updates more often now that I have a bit more time. Thanks for all being so patient while I took a break from writing. 

(Ike x gn reader)

{This Chapter Contains: love confession, Ike almost dying from embarrassment}

_________________________

"Ughhhh you're not helping Nina..." Came a low growl from the boy sitting in the kitchen with mamma Nina. It was the first thing y/n heard as they opened the door to the house they lived at. Y/n quickly turned their head to face the two arguing about whatever the hell they were fighting about. Y/n paused when both Ike and Nina turned to face y/n.

"Ah! Y/n darling! You're just in time to... uhh... help Ike!" Nina quickly yelled over to y/n who just stood in the doorway with a blank expression. Nina gave a wide grin silently pleading that Y/n end her misery. Y/n sighed and dragged their feet over to the kitchen where Ike was seated.

"What is this all about?" Y/n questioned, rubbing her temples. Ike dropped his head onto his palms and groaned. 

"Please, it's fine, really." Y/n found it quite hard to believe him though. "It's just a stupid novel, that's all. Please don't worry about me." Ike whined still facing his palms. 

Y/n placed a hand on their hip and gave a slight frown. 

"Well if the great novelist, Ike Eveland, is having a hard time writing something then it's obviously not 'fine'" Y/n spoke up. They let out a small "hmph" and shook their head. 

"Ah now that's an unnecessarily high pedestal you've placed me on." Ike laughed. He didn't seem as stressed anymore. This made Y/n relieved. They sighed again and rested their palms on the kitchen table. 

"So what was it that you needed help with?" Y/n tilted their head.

"Oh it's really nothin-"

"Ike is writing a love story and he needs help on the love confession scene~" Nina quickly blurted out. The three of them stood in silence. Ike looked as if he had turned into one of these anime scenes where the character turns into stone. His face flushed an intense shade of red. He looked like he could melt into the floor at any second. 

Suddenly he broke free from his trance and glared at Nina.

"Ni↘na↗"

Nina jumped from her seat when Ike glared at her. She then gave Y/n a desperate smile and ran off giggling. Y/n also laughed at the conflict between the two. Ike dropped his head back into his palms and mumbled something Y/n couldn't hear.

"Um... Ike?" Y/n turned towards the boy, hoping he wasn't actually mad at the two of them. He hummed in response. "Do you mind if I help with the story?" Ike then turned to them and handed Y/n his notebook. 

"You see," He started and pointed to a page in the book. "It's not that I don't know how to write this. It just doesn't seem to sound right." Y/n read through the scene and tapped their chin. They read through the scene several times hoping that Ike would think they were actually good at writing. Unfortunately, they also knew nothing about writing stories like this.

"Ah I see. It's not that it doesn't sound right, it's just missing a few things that't all." Y/n stated hoping it was convincing enough. "You should add more moments of silence. The suspense is great." Ike hummed at Y/n's advice. Ike began scribbling notes in the book and adding to his writing.