[5]

So last chapter I understand was... A bit boring. But look at the bright side you get to know there pasts. I still hope these two- wait no three. Make it up and finally start being better towards each other🤭

Anyways have fun babes.

Chapter 5

Melanie's POV

"No it's ok, I'm just... On vacation with some old friends from highschool." I laughed into the phone.

"Ok just be careful. You scared me half to death the last night I saw you."

"Nat, I promise I'm fine." I lied. On the outside I can fake it off. But the inside feels as if I'm going to die from crying at any second.

"Ok, here Amy wants to talk to you." Natalie commented before I heard shuffling then my best friend for eternity spoke.

"AHHH MELANIE, how have you been baby?" Amy spoke loudly into the phone.

I opened my mouth but was cut off by Amy, "and just to let you know I'm going to literally murder you when you get back."

Even though I couldn't see her I could hear the anger she had wrote all over her face as she spoke those words.

"Ok ok calm down, anyways how's your little engagement going with.... Tyler I think his name is."

"He's amazing so far, oh you should have seen him at the pa-" Amy was cut off by the front door opening.

Fuck. Here we go again.

"Hey Amy I hate to go like this but I gotta go out and help get groceries." I lied once again.

"Oh ok." Amy and Natalie commented at the same time, earning a giggle from me we hung up after exchanging goodbyes and love you.

Right as I got up from the living room couch, Luca and Ryder appeared in the doorway blocking my way out.

"Of course," I started with a sigh. "I'm gonna say this as polite as I can, move."

They stand there looking at me with sorry, coldness soon replaces there faces. "You fucking told him!?" I shout throwing my hands in the air.

Cold hearted dicks. "Yea." Is all Ryder said coming over to the seat I had just rose from then sitting down.

I scoffed then walked out, tried to walk out. A since of deja Vu formed as Luca grabbed my waist spinning us around then pushing me against the wall. I blushed from the physical contact he just made clear.

"We're going to another ball tonight." His breath tickled my ear as he softly whispered those words. Sliding right off of his perfect sweet tongue as if he'd practiced those words a hundred times. But when you've stayed with them for atleast a month or two you realize they don't need to practice anything. It comes naturally.

"I-I," I cleared my throat then continued. "I'll be ready soon. Just uh give me an hour please."

Avoiding eye contact he finally lets me go. But just as I get a foot away from him he grabs my wrist making me stop in my tracks to look at him in confusion. Those beautiful dark blue eyes stare back at me with... Sympathy?

"I know how hard it is having to loose one child, much less three. Especially loosing your mom and then your d-"

"Stop." The word flies out of my mouth. But do I regret it? No.

Lucas finally turns towards the table of whiskey he has slamming his hands down on the table the whole thing starts shaking.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS YOUR PROBLEM!?" Luca says, turning towards me his eyes bloody red. My body stiffens at the sight while my eyes go wide. Slowly walking backwards until my back hits the wall. I hadn't realized Luca had a thick glass bottle in his hands until he threw it at me.