[13]

Chapter 13

*30 minutes later*

Melanie's POV

"Mel?" It was distant but familiar. Sirens rung in my ear, the ones from when I was a child. The little toy ambulance truck I had riding down the hall on my tricycle with the truck in my arm. "Mel?" Getting more closer I tried opening my eyes only to be confused, my mind kept going back and fourth, blackness to my bedroom I was in Last night , to blackness, the bedroom then finally it rested on the blackness.

Growing even more confused I traced my memory from the last few hours. The kidnap was of course the main event I remember now.

"Luca how long have you been here?" I ask taking my paired taped hands up bringing the blindfold down.

Luca stood limp with his hands pulled above him as the chains scrapped across his wrists everytime he tried moving.

"A while." His response was dry but it felt different sounded different it was like he was here but not actually here.

Shrugging off the feeling I tried again, "are you ok?"

He nodded keeping his gaze on the floor. Those sweet dark blue eyes I once used to love to start at love to watch them move around. . . They were now filled with something unexplainable something dangerous. Hard. Deadly.

My thoughts were cut short when the door opened and right then I knew there was nothing left for me. I was done for good this time. "Hello daddy." My voice came out raspy.

"Baby girl! Look who's awaken," his smile shines bright revealing his pearly teeth. "Took you long enough."

Walking over to Lucas chains he takes a key from his pocket undoing the cuffs holding onto Lucas wrist.

"What are you doing?" I ask watching in confusion.

"Dear old Luca here is going to choose," he starts, the gun that was placed in Arnold's waistband was now located in his hands. Swaying it in the air between me and Luca. "He's going to kill you."

His response isn't what made me stiffen it was the look Luca gave me that made this whole thing scary. It was like a horror movie in HD. Real. Those blue eyes now filled with hatred, sadness, dread. Those blue eyes now the darkest blue ever seen.

"Luca. . ." I whispered. Arnold placed the gun at Lucas side waiting for him to take it. I wasn't expecting him too but life is filled with surprises.

Taking the gun out of his hands he aims it at the ground slowly walking towards me. My eyes start to water from the confusion and frustration.

The chains holding me rattled while I tried standing up. My back scraped across the brick wall as I stood to my height if possible backing into the wall farther.

"Luca. . ." It was louder. My body wasn't my body at this point my body felt distant like I was slowly fading somehow.

He walked towards me. I tried kicking and screaming but nothing worked he grabbed my leg as I kicked once again once he stopped in front of me. Leaning down slightly. "Luca!"

"Stop please this isn't funny!" Yelling he looked at me and cracked the same smile Arnold had plastered on his face sitting a few feet behind Luca placing a cigar to his mouth inhaling and exhaling the thick smoke.

"It's over. . ." Luca stated more as a joke but I knew now at this point nothing was a joke my fears of becoming heartless came to light. My heart broke just as the tears had built up enough to be released. My face felt wet while I stood my ground. . . "Do it." I stated.

Walking closer to him I put my forehead on the gun. Luca stood there a bit shocked and a bit confused all of 3 seconds before he smiled placing his pointer finger on the trigger. I closed my eyes feeling everything evaporate as I let more tears stream down the side of my face. My side felt wet but light.

I opened my eyes seeing he hadn't pulled the trigger yet he was just standing there. No emotion plastered on his face this time. All except one that is.

I looked over to Arnold finding him holding a smaller sized gun. . . It was aimed at the back of Luca. Just as my eyes went ablaze I felt luca go limp against me. "LUCA!" I shouted hoping it would be alright everything would be ok. He would be ok. . .

As the atmosphere went slower than usual I plunged my hand over his side where I found the bullet wound. Blood poured out of Lucas mouth while he coughed.

My eyes went to his wound to his eyes back and fourth till both of our watery visions met. "I'm sorry. . ." Was what he said.

More blood trickled down his mouth. "No baby stay with me. . . Don't go. . . Not yet" I choked out from all the tears that were somehow bigger than before.

Arnold laughed like a maniac behind me. "Baby girl he's not dead. . . Yet."

My anger boiled much more. Pushing past my deadness and anger I consoled Luca as I saw he didn't have much longer to live. Those words made me disgusted at myself. How the fuck did I let this happen? I drove my one true love into my shit an now look where it out us.

His eyes leaked with water as he looked at his wound then back to me. Luca reached out to my stomach holding it. "I'm coming home Charlotte. . ."

"N-No! No your not your going to stay alive. I'm going to help you baby please just stay with me!" I yelled grabbing his face with my free hand causing a bloody hand print to stain his face.

"I love you. . ." Those words that I thought I would never hear I heard. My sorrow would come but for now I needed to be here for him. I put on a fake smile hoping it would help.

"I love you too." I sniffled watching his eyelids softly close from pain. His hand dropped from my stomach. I let the rest of my family, life, love, happiness go with it. De Luca Marino was my one true love. . . And now he's gone.

I grabbed the gun from the side of his body putting it behind me as I stood up. "What do I need to do?" I asked slowly looking up to Arnold.

His laugh faded but his smile. . . His smile grew. "Nothing for now." He nodded toward the door where two bodyguards came in. Two bodyguards. the same two-

I asked my gun aiming at one of them. Before the gun was officially pointed at them Arnold was first to aim at me then came the other two.

"I knew this was gonna happen."

Instead of me putting the gun down I held my gun aiming at them. "Fuck you!"

I shoot both of them dodging there bullets by jumping behind the table knocking it over in the process.

"Just come out babygirl!" Arnold yells from across the room.

I shake my head feeling my heart beat speed up. The gun starts to become water from the sweat that's on my palms.

Everything goes slow for just a second then comes back.

The table I was leaning back on and peaking out from behind was thrown across the room and there stood the two bodyguards..

I sat back against the wall kicking at there hands that were grabbing at me. "NO!"

"GET AWAY FROM ME!" Tears stream down my face once again one of the two bodyguards manage to grab my foot.

That same mucky feeling I felt years ago returns. "Just be steal!" He yells grabbing my arm. "NO!"

"NO!" They smirk knowing exactly what's going through my mind. Remembering I have the gun beside me I look up to them then back at the gun. Making a fast movement towards the gun I grab it. Even though it was right there so close yet so far I managed but it wasn't enough to just manage. The last thing I saw were black dots that appeared over my eye sight, and Arnold started swaying back and fourth along with the other two guards. All three fell one after another until I saw red liquid flowing around them I didn't know what was happening.

The ground beside me felt as if it was becoming closer and closer. My body hit the floor and then. . . It was to dark to notice or hear anything that was happening. Sirens rung in the background. Just like a movie but it was far from a movie. I felt dead, cold, unhealthy, isolated.