[14]

*3years later*

Btw guys this has a huge time skip not really time but feelings everything over the past 3 years is gone.

Chapter 14

Melanie's POV

"No look I've had enough of this shit and I'm about up to here with it," I say holding my hand to my head rubbing my head with my index finger and pointed finger "just tell me where the fuck Ivan is."

Catherine looks down as if she's afraid to tell me. While she's standing there looking like a total fucking moron I grab my gun out of my waistband aiming it at her. A click goes off making her gaze come back up to me.

Her eyes widen while the color from her face goes pale. "H-hes at Sophia's." She stutters. I swat her away before getting up from my desk making my way to the elevator in the hallway.

While I'm passing Catherine, I mutter, "you're fired."

Before I see her next reaction I walk out and into the elevator located at the end of the hall. Over these past few years I've built a new building on the other side of Chicago. After what happened back in New York I couldn't help but remember a few good memories that had been stuck in my mind.

Since he wasn't exactly able to take over because well he's dead. . . I took over having to marry Ryder in the process. It was the only way to go since the Italian Mafia needed a new leader. Ryder on the other hand couldn't take the death very well so he's been a bit off. He doesn't work well it's like he isn't here anymore.

I've walked in on him cutting himself a few times. I'm pretty sure his depression is getting worse by the day.

Yesterday I came home to him talking to himself. Debating on whether or not he should do it.

The ding from the elevator snaps me out of my thoughts making me look up to the doors that were now opening. Seeing an assistant at the front desk I let her know to get me Arnold's niece.

Arnold's niece had been there the day of the murder. I done me research on her a few days ago finding that she was just someone who worked with Arnold. I knew he didn't die but they did make a big deal out of it so there was a body sent to my door two weeks after the incident. Little do they both know ive been keeping a track on them.

"Mrs. Melanie!" Catherine yelled from the elevator. I keep walking out the door until I hear my name a fourth time. I turn around grabbing the knife out of my waistband throwing it at her. She ducks surprisingly then looks up at me with a shook expression.

I give her an amused smile as she makes her way up beside me. I never knew a shy girl like her would be able to do something like that.

"Mrs. Melanie, your husband, Ryder, he's been admitted." She says taking out a receipt from the hospital. I take it from her soft gentle hands and read over it. Everything looks normal so I turn to the other side finding a number.

"Who gave this to you?" I ask her.

"Some guy he came in awhile ago, I was going to give it to you but you fired me so I tried following you out here."

"Alright, if you want your job back you'll call this number and get as much information as you can."

She looks up at me a second time before nodding. I give her the price of paper and walk back to my car.

___________________

The drive back only lasted a few minutes. Walking into my house I find Ryder. . . Cooking?

"Ryder?" I ask walking closely towards him seeing he was making spaghetti.

"Dinner will be ready in 10 so if you don't mind please go get seated."