[6]

I don't think you guys like this book so far.

So if you don't mind, .message me and tell me what parts you don't like and the parts you do like. It could help me engage more on my writing skills.

Chapter6

Lucas pov

I smirk to myself then open the car door to let Melanie out. "Tonight is going to be fantastic." I say to her with the most evilest smile reaching my mouth.

She sighs then goes to walk away from me. I reach up to her arm putting it on mine as we reach the double doors. "Good afternoon Marino." The waiter hands us both a champagne then leads us to a table.

On our way over to the table I manage to step slower then Mel so I could make her step on the dress that surrounds her feet. She nearly tripped... Twice. I had to hold my breath to keep from laughing.

As we sat down she chugged her champagne then reached for mine. "Hey Hey, calm down now." I said pulling mine closer to me.

"Whatever." She stated getting up walking over to Ryder. He extends his hand for her. She complies, they both head towards the dancing area. Ryder holds Melanie by the waist as she wraps her hands around his neck.

Anger boils in me. Right as I get up the host of the ball, Angelo Russo, steps in front of me giving a stern look towards me as he begins to speak. "Look your brother has warned but you didn't listen so now I am. Get rid of the fucking bitch. Before I take her under my wing and use her for my dirty business. Get a hold of yourself soldier, your not playing wife with her. Leave those emotions buried there's no room for it in my cartel."

I'm a bit shocked but at this point I'd rather snap his neck. I didn't and don't have feelings for her. I've just became a bit immune to her ways. Who couldn't?

"Get the fuck out of my way you, bardo." I say pushing him making him stumble a bit before turning and walking away. I made my way towards Ryder and Melanie, taking her in my arms when Ryder went to spin her.

"What the hell, Luca." She said going along with my move.

"I need your help darling," I started seeing her eyes squinch in confusion before I continued, "I need you to sing for me."

She stiffened her eyes became wider as she stared at the floor bringing her back a memory I don't recall knowing of.

"Melanie?" I ask seeing her eyes shine with sadness and anger, she gives in going up to the piano player whispering something in his ear that makes him stand up and give his seat to her.

I didn't actually think she'd do it. But the pain in her eyes looked determine to do so. I needed her to distract Arstol so I could hack into the system before loading a file from him.

She sits down, everyone turns to her as she lets out a very shaky yet calm breath out. The second she starts singing it's like my whole world vanished and I was standing there listening to her sing like she needed this moment for closure for the greater good. For her.

… I found myself dreaming in silver and gold
Like a scene from a movie that every broken heart knows
We were walking on moonlight, and you pulled me close

Her eyes lit with tears as her smile made everyone look past the hurt in it.

Split second and you disappeared and then I was all alone
I woke up in tears with you by my side
A breath of relief, and I realized
No, we're not promised tomorrow

I made my way to the back office where Arstol contains the controls and files. Finally entering I see no one in there, I take the drive from my suit logging into the computer after putting the drive into it.

… So I'm gonna love you like I'm gonna lose you
I'm gonna hold you like I'm saying goodbye
Wherever we're standing, I won't take you for granted
'Cause we'll never know when, when we'll run out of time
So I'm gonna love you like I'm gonna lose you (lose you)
I'm gonna love you like I'm gonna lose you

The drive was loading as I found myself laying on the floor. I looked up to see Arstol. Taking his leg out from underneath him he fell with a thick thud. I then took my right hand balling it up and punching him three times to the jaw before I heard a crack. He howled in pain gaining more power from before he gets up taking me by surprise he grabs the gun placing it on my temple.

… In the blink of an eye, just a whisper of smoke
You could lose everything, the truth is you never know
So I'll kiss you longer, baby (hey), any chance that I get
I'll make the most of the minutes and love with no regret
Let's take our time to say what we want (say what we want)
Use what we got before it's all gone (all gone)
'Cause no (no), we're not promised tomorrow

"What the fuck are you doing here!?" Arstol shouted before I slapped the gun out of his hand getting him distracted I put him in a headlock.

… So I'm gonna love you like I'm gonna lose you (lose you)
I'm gonna hold you (hey) like I'm saying goodbye
Wherever we're standing (yeah), I won't take you for granted

"Be quiet for once, and don't ruin her singing or else you'll have to deal with her." With that I snapped his neck looking over at the computer seeing it was doing transferring the files I took the drive and walked out brushing my suit off as I made my way back into the main area where everyone stood staring at Melanie as she sung like the angel she is.

'Cause we'll never know when, when we'll run out of time
So I'm gonna love you (I'm gonna love you)
Like I'm gonna lose you (like I'm gonna lose you)
I'm gonna love you (love) like I'm gonna lose you

Visible tears slide down her cheek and onto her bare cleavage. Her smile still stung with pain, love, heartache. Whatever the hell happened I want to make it better.

Then it hit me, her mother and father. The song. Melanie said something about how she used to sit in her room near bedtime and wait as her parents would come into the room, sing a song to her while she felt whole. Her mother's smile wide as always through the song. Her father's bright smile as well.

… I'm gonna love you (oh)
Like I'm gonna lose you (like I'm gonna lose you)
I'm gonna hold you like I'm saying goodbye
Wherever we're standing, I won't take you for granted
'Cause we'll never know when, when we'll run out of time
So I'm gonna love you (I'm gonna love you, baby)
Like I'm gonna lose you (like I'm gonna lose you)
I'm gonna love you (oh) like I'm gonna lose you

This song relates to her even after death of a parent.

She stops the faint flowing music as everyone around her gives a few round of applause. She sits there more tears wiping her makeup off on the way down. Through all of this Melanie looks up meeting my gaze. I give her a smile then we all three leave the ball. The sounds of FBI, cops and ambulance are made as we leave. None of which follow us we head home.