Chapter Three: The Disturbances

(Ken's POV)

You know when you have one of those dreams kinda like real-life, but then you wake up and realize you were dreaming? That's exactly what just happened...

My dream morphed into reality as I woke up. In my dream, there were a whole bunch of noises... lots of banging... but, when I woke up, I suddenly realized that the noises weren't part of any dream.

"Huh... whaa?", I sputtered out.

I blinked and rubbed my eyes to adjust to the darkness, then heard more noises.

Now voices.

"Hey, keep it down will ya? Yer gonna wake the whole hotel and get us caught!"

I carefully stood up and crept to the door of the hotel room I shared with Rafa. I looked back at the other guy... he was still in bed, snoring quietly.

Thank goodness he's not a loud snorer...

When I got closer to the door, I heard the voices again.

"Man, we better get paid double time for this..."

"Triple time!"

There were three voices... three different voices.

I reached for the doorknob and cautiously and as quietly as I could turned it open. When it opened up without a squeak, I cracked it enough to peek my head out.

What I saw made my jaw drop in surprise and confusion.

Three men had just passed my room with a huge cart. It wheeled in between them with something large on top covered by a huge white blanket.

I furrowed my brow in even more curiosity, wondering what the heck they were doing. They didn't seem like hotel employees... Usually, hotel employees aren't sneaking around in the middle of the night with suspicious carts full of something hidden by white blankets.

When they rounded the corner and out of my sight, I glanced back the other direction to see if anything else was coming up.

Nothing.

I don't know what made me do what I did next, but I decided to open the door further and follow. I walked down the hall sneakily towards the men who just passed my room and paused at the corner. When I peeked around.. I saw...

Nothing.

They were gone.

"Huh... weird", I thought to myself.

I shrugged and figured I'd mention it to Barbie and the rest of the girls tomorrow... well, more like four hours from now when we all have to wake up.

I open my hotel door and make my way back into bed.

****

What Ken didn't know was that a fourth set of suspicious eyes noticed him investigating the activity around the far corner in the opposite direction.

****

The next morning:

(Malibu Barbie's POV)

"Wakey wakey!" Brooklyn called.

I groaned as I pulled my blanket over me.

"Five more minutes," I yawned.

"Come on, Malibu!!"

With that Brooklyn grabbed my arm and dragged me out of bed.

"Alright! Alright! I'm awake," I said as I got up, "By the way, did you hear those strange noises last night?" I asked.