Chapter Five: The Capture

(Malibu Barbie's POV)

Right as we got to the shore we saw some people surrounding us.

"Uh oh!" Ken whispered, "What does this mean?"

"You two are under arrest!" a man said authoritatively.

"Ummm for what exactly?" I asked, "We didn't do anything! It's them who are taking the coral reef!"

"Uh uh....try telling that to interrogators."

I gulped. Things went south really fast...

Time Skip

One hour later

We both were locked in a room even though I tried to explain that we weren't the culprits. None of them were buying it.

"I'm sorry for dragging you into this mess, Barbie," Ken quietly said, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly.

I sighed, trying to make him feel better. "It's alright. We do need to get out of here. Our friends will be worried if we don't come back soon."

Right then Ken glanced at the table.

He picked up the cup that was right there and studied the design on it.

"This logo looks familiar. I just don't know where I've seen it," Ken said thoughtfully.

My eyes went wide recognizing the Earth looking logo on the cup....it was the same logo that was on my bracelet....I3 Earth logo.

"Oh boy!" I whispered, "Ken... Um... I don't think I need to involve the spy agency. They're already on the case..."

Ken blinked in surprise.

"What?! That's great! We can tell them everything!"

I rolled my eyes.

"It's not that simple! If they're already on the case, then it means that there's more than taking the coral reef into the story. Because I3's existence is top secret. If the situation is dangerous, only the CIA and MI6 get involved. But if the situation is a worldwide threat, if it puts the world at risk, only then I3 gets involved."

Ken stared at me in shock....trying to process all of that.

"And since I wasn't called for a mission....if the head agent gets to know about this, me and my teammates will be screwed up for sure! I'm never going to hear the end of it! Last time I got involved like this, she was about to explode!" I exclaimed. I shuddered at the memory, "Nah ah! It's not happening again! How am I going to explain to her that you know?"

Ken chuckled and placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Barbie, chill! It wasn't like you told me yourself. I was the one who got suspicious of you disappearing all the time...and I was the one who spied on you and eavesdropped on your phone calls! And now I am sure those mysterious teammates you speak of are Renee and Teresa!"

Oh God!

I was gaping like a fish.

He chuckled. "Remember how Renee nearly spilled the beans about your mission in San Francisco? Yeah, that's how I figured it out."

I groaned in frustration.

"Renee and her pizza obsession always get us in trouble..." I rolled my eyes, "But we need to still get out of here and fast! Or else, we'll all be in trouble big time. We're going to go back and leave this whole coral reef situation to the I3 and we'll stay out of it so they can handle the situation."

"But don't you think we should tell the head agent what we know?" Ken suggested, "I mean it can help the case."

I scoffed. "She already probably knows everything we figured out today. And as I said, I really don't want to be one to get caught in her wrath. Yeah, I mean, she is the best boss ever... And she always makes sure that all agents are safe! In normal circumstances, she always treats everyone nicely. But God forbid if you get caught in her wrath, watch out! Especially now with two situations...you know about me and my teammates and we were following these suspects around!", I ticked off my fingers to indicate both scenarios that were bound to get me in trouble.

Ken seemed to have gotten the idea and nodded.

"Now let's go," I whispered.

"But... there seems to be two more problems here," Ken said awkwardly.

"What?" I asked.

Ken sighed. "One: How are we getting out of here exactly? And even if we do manage to find a way, I think it's too late for that because Two:...Ummm.....your boss is right behind you. And she doesn't look pleased," Ken whispered.

I blinked a couple of times.

"Ken, is this some prank? If yes, then it's not funny at all," I hissed.

"I can assure you that this is NOT a prank, Barbie."

I gulped...

I turned around.

"Hehehe... hi...How much of that did you hear?" I asked, laughing awkwardly to try to lessen the severity of the situation.

"All of it," Aunt Zoe replied with the sternest, most serious glare I've ever seen...