Chapter Thirteen: More Surprise Intel

"You guys need rest.... I'll watch over Barbie," Ken insisted to the two other spies.

"Not a chance, lover boy. Our friend here was in a life-threatening situation twice in less than 24 hours. And you want us to leave her side?" Renee exclaimed while shaking her head.

Ken was about to answer when they heard something....a muffled sound.

"Guys! She's waking up," Teresa pointed to Barbie.

She squeezed her eyes.

"Ken...no," Barbie whispered under her breath.

Ken quickly held her hand tightly.

"Barbie, I'm here," he whispered to her, "Everyone's safe."

(Barbie's POV)

Where am I?

I slowly managed to open my eyes.

"Barbie! You're awake!"

I groaned in pain as I tried to sit up.

"Whoa easy," Ken whispered to me, "You were shot. You can't move too much."

"K-Ken," I coughed, "Your head."

I coughed again.

Ken chuckled. "It's nothing to worry about...just a scratch."

"You call getting in a fight with an assassin who wanted me dead just a scratch?" I asked baffled but as soon as I finished I ended up coughing again.

"Glad you're okay," Renee said.

I smiled weakly.

"How are you feeling right now?" Teresa asked.

"L-Like..... a month... old oatmeal," I joked in between coughs, "W-what...sort of questions is that? It even hurts to breathe."

(THIRD PERSON POV)

Interrogation Room 3's heavy door opened up with a loud creak and slammed with an even louder thud.

The attacker's eyes never left the floor...

Zoe inhaled through her nose to steady her anger and strode forward two steps.

"Carlos... care to explain your little stunt?", she laughed humorously and sarcastically, "I say 'stunt' because you were unsuccessful in your endeavors. In fact, you may have set off a firestorm of revenge you won't be able to escape"

The attacker still studied the floor...

The Head Agent calmed her nerves again... she cleared her throat to continue.

"You were hired on August 5th, 2021, correct?"

Again, no response.

"You have been working in the janitorial department since, correct?"

Crickets.

Zoe steeled herself as she stared down at the top of the man's balding head. She side-eyed the two agents off to her right and left, then tilted her head towards the door. The two agent's nervously glanced between the two of them before they cautiously and slowly moved towards the door to make their exit.

Once the door was officially closed, Zoe was officially alone with the man.

The older woman took two more steps towards the frozen man and waited... waited... then lurched her leg up out of the blue and kicked his jaw full force to send him reeling and flying backwards on the floor.

"AAAAHHHHHRRRRGGGHHH"

The crack his head made on the floor echoed throughout the empty room. Zoe replaced her shoe to the floor and straightened her pants suit jacket.