Chapter Ten: Wait, what? Twins?!

I'm starting to update the chapters one by one! We finished this story like a year and a half ago, so... sorry!

******

Eventually, the group found a way down the massive extensive vent system and outside without being spotted any further. Barbie, Brooklyn, and Ken opened the gate and peered outside and down below to the landing...

Except the 'landing' was the watery bay.

Brooklyn threw her hands up in exasperation, "Of course! Go figure!"

Barbie looked at them both, "Ready to jump?" Ken and Brooklyn both nodded despite the New Yorker's uneasiness. The blonde spy nodded back and shouted, "Let's go!"

The three leapt from their crouched position into the open air, down two stories, and smack into the salt water.

When they broke the surface again, they gasped for air and began to tread water. Ken looked around their surroundings and asked Barbie, "Now what? Where do we go?"

Barbie attempted to find a new way out, but then heard something instead. She turned her body to the sound of the approaching engine.

Brooklyn pointed, "There! A boat is coming"

Ken gulped and laughed nervously, "Let's hope they're on our side, right?"

As the noise came closer, the three soaking wet swimmers were able to see the borrowers of the boat: Patricia, Renee, and Teresa.

Barbie smiled and waved, "Girls! Are we glad to see you!"

Teresa waved back, "Likewise! Now come on, we were probably spotted so we don't have much time"

Renee threw down the rope ladder to allow Brooklyn, Barbie, and Ken to climb aboard.

(Malibu Barbie's POV)

"Where are we going?" I asked, "We still need to stop these guys from whatever they're doing."

Renee nodded. "Yeah, but first we need to make sure that Ken and Brooklyn are going to be safe. So we don't have to worry about their safety."

Well she had a point there.

Ken however placed a hand on my shoulder.

"You're telling me that I need to leave you to deal with whoever the hell this man is?! Well....let me tell you that I'm not going to let that happen."

I looked at Ken shocked. I couldn't let him get involved even more. He already risked too much.

"Ken, listen to me. You're not even a trained spy......I can't let you put yourself in danger like this," I tried to reason with him.

"She's right. When you were still there and when we knew who was behind everything, Barbie just ran inside that building to just save you. And I must tell, Barbie, Auntie Zoe is so pissed. Good luck dealing with that," Renee replied.

I groaned as I remembered how I went against her orders and she was probably going to give me a lecture about it for the next two or three hours

Right as we arrived at the land we were about to get ready to go back to Ms. Zee

"Are you alright?" Ken asked me.

I nodded. "Other than the fact that I was worried to death about you, I'm fine."

Ken chuckled.

"Next time we stumble upon an underwater mystery, we have to make sure we don't end up in a crazy situation like this."