Chapter Fifteen: The End

(THIRD PERSON POV)

"You ready, girl?"

Malibu smiled over to her partner and nodded, "Ready"

After the music began, Brooklyn and Malibu began to sing for their final auditions into the Reef Festival show.

Off to Stage Right, Ken, Rafa, Teresa, and Renee stood by and watched, silently cheering to avoid giving away their position.

When the two Barbies were finished, the judge made some marks on the paper attached to the clipboard he was holding... when he was done, he looked up.

"Thank you, ladies. You'll be hearing from us tonight if you made it into the show tomorrow"

Barbie smiled and curtsied, "Thank you!" Brooklyn did as such, "Thanks for the opportunity!"

Both walked off stage to meet up with their friends. High fives and hugs all around!

Barbie latched onto Ken a little bit longer, however. He carefully squeezed her, but cautious not to squeeze too tight.

Because of her injury, Brooklyn and Malibu chose to go the acoustic route where they were both seated on their chairs with guitars, nothing else. They weren't able to do their full dance routines, but Rafa pointed out that the seated approach was also more personal and more raw, anyway.

Ken smiled into his girlfriend's hair and chuckled, "You did amazing!"

She leaned back, beaming up at his supportive face, but then blushed when he kissed her forehead.

"Thank you, Ken! You have no idea how much it means to me that you're here with me, you know that?"

He laughed and nodded, whispering pointedly, "Same..." Ken was dropping the hint regarding her injuries and near-death experience... it wasn't about being on stage together; it was about going through life together...

Renee joined in, "So, all we need to do is wait for you guys to be picked! Tomorrow's the concert, then it's back home!"

Teresa nodded and then exhaled, "I love this place, but man am I looking forward to my own bed!"

Barbie laughed, "You said it!"

"Plus, we need to make it the whole way back to New York after this!"

Ken's lips tightened as he remembered she still had to go back to school in New York... Barbie noticed, but then had a trick up her sleeve as she turned to address her musical partner.

"Actually, I'm going to take a little bit off from school..."

"What?!" Rafa and Brooklyn exclaimed.

She chuckled, "Just for a week or so. I'm still not a hundred percent, so trying to go back into studying just wouldn't end well, I know it..."

Ken smirked and cocked a surprised eyebrow, "Listening to doctor's orders, aren't we?"

Barbie shrugged as she humored him, "Something like that... plus, we have do some beach dates to get to", winking at her boyfriend.

The blonde boy grinned down to his girlfriend and nodded, agreeing with the plans... He leaned down and kissed her full on the lips, eliciting a sea of 'awwwwws' off to the side from the peanut gallery.

(BARBIE POV)

"What about....right now?" Ken smirked, "Tomorrow is your concert...but it doesn't mean we can't have fun, right?"

I chuckled. "Of course."

Then I turned to others.

"Would you excuse us?"

Then I grabbed Ken's hand and we both headed to the beach together while giggling.

"So... what do we do first," I asked once we got there.

Ken grinned. "Let's race....the last one who gets to the sea is rotten fish.....haha, no pun intended."

With that he ran off.

"Wait, you cheater!" I exclaimed running right after him.

THE END