Chapter Eight: Getting Down To It

I glanced at the front to see a shooter.

He was a bald bearded man...beside him were ten other men and all of them were carrying guns.

The crowd started to scream in terror.

"Where is she?!" the man started to yell, "Where is Barbie Roberts?! If any of you answer that, I will leave everyone alone."

Welp! If I don't die on this mission, Aunt Zoe will make sure of my death now with this mess!

I needed to act fast. Brooklyn and Rafa were now in danger.

I quickly grabbed their hands and started sprinting.

"There she is! Get her!"

As we were running both Brooklyn and Rafa gave me scared and confused looks.

But before they could ask anything they were interrupted by the sound of the gunshots and men yelling.

"Get back here, you little spy!" their boss shouted.

We quickly hid in a small room backstage.

"Spy? Malibu, what the heck is going on?! First, you keep on disappearing...and now these guys seem to be after us for some strange reason!" Brooklyn exclaimed.

"Ummm....it's just an act for....," I tried to come up with an excuse but Brooklyn interrupted me.

"What act, huh? Is there something more important than our show right now?!" she gave me an angry look as I sighed.

But she wasn't finished. "And because of whatever you're doing right now the show is probably going to get canceled for today and worse than that...we're in danger! Those guys could just kill us!"

She was right. If this situation escalated, they could be in danger.

I needed to tell them the truth.

So I quietly opened the door and glanced around to make sure no one was there. Then I closed it.

I took a deep breath.

Oh my God! I'm going to be in lots of trouble for this!

"Brooklyn....Rafa....I," I struggled to say. I took a deep breath, "I'm a spy."

Their eyes were widened in shock.

Brooklyn blinked a couple times.

"A s-spy? As in....a secret agent? Like the ones in James Bond or Mission impossible?"

I chuckled. "You can say that."

****

(Third Person POV)

Ken's body bolted from its prone position behind one of the boats with the other spy girls at the sound of the gunshot. He tore his eyes away from their intended target in the direction of the distraction and had one horrifying thought on his mind.

Barbie's in trouble!!

"BARBIE!"

He took off and sprinted towards the screams. Renee, Teresa, and Patricia shouted after his disappearing body but joined after him in just as much urgency.

Ken scanned the crowd frantically, searching through the hordes of panicked people. His heart was ready to explode through his chest as he trained his sights on one girl in particular.

"BARBIE!!"

He saw her running with Brooklyn and Rafa in tow. Then, he saw something else that made him freeze: the gunman following her.