Chapter Six: We're Caught

(Third Person POV)

Barbie grimaced and grinned in an attempt to nervously smooth over her mishaps.

"Agent Zee... um... let me explain..."

Zoe held up her hand to pause the young woman. Barbie just gulped and stood by.

The older agent sighed, "You do realize that if you would have kept your nose out of this in the first place then you would have been involved by now"

Ken blinked twice to try to make sense of the woman's announcement. "Uuhhh... what?"

Barbie, instead, raised an eyebrow in confusion and took a few cautious steps towards Zee, "Wait a minute... you aren't mad?"

Zoe laughed and placed a hand to her heart, "Oh my dear...", then nodded after a few beats of chuckles, "Yes, very mad"

The blonde girl blinked, "Um..."

But Zoe interrupted and returned to seriousness, "Don't think for one second I'm actually happy with your showboating and your gusto at jumping in with Mr. Carson, who very clearly should have absolutely no business knowing you're a spy. I am in fact, livid..."

Barbie still didn't get it. She looked at the older woman with bafflement, "But... you're not yelling at me... why?"

Zoe raised an eyebrow and smirked, "Do you want me to?"

The younger girl waved her hands in opposition, "No no no! I don't!"

"Then how about you follow me and we can go over the details of this mission... officially..."

Barbie sighed, happy that she wasn't getting completely berated. She looked at Ken, grateful for the calm turn of events who in turn smiled back and stood up.

"Not you"

Ken paused with wide eyes at the small hand held up to pause his trek out of the cell. Barbie sputtered, "But, Zoe..."

The older agent turned to the younger female spy, "It seems to me you've been lackadaisical in protecting your secret, am I correct? You do remember rule number one of being a spy, Miss Roberts? Need I remind you of the dangers of exposing your secret to those loved ones around you?" Her tone increased in intensity, volume, and urgency.

(Malibu Barbie's POV)

"It wasn't her. I figured it all out myself. She even did lie to protect her secret....but I kinda wasn't all convinced. So I... kinda took the matters into my own hand," Ken replied sheepishly as he placed a hand on my shoulder, "She's not to blame. I am."

"Ken!" I hissed, "You can't just take all of the blame."

Aunt Zoe raised an eyebrow. "And this is supposed to make me feel better, how, Mr. Carson? Besides, it doesn't excuse the fact that the two of you recklessly decided to play the detective in a situation that could lead to disasters."

Ken laughed awkwardly.

"About that....Barbie did try to warn me that we should stay out of this situation....I kinda didn't listen and convinced her to help me through it."

Oh God! I just hope that doesn't piss her off even more!!

(Third Person POV)

Just as Agent Zoe was about to remark, a ringtone cut her off. Barbie's eyes flew open wide as she reached inside her pocket to respond to her phone.

"Heeeey Renee... um... what's up?"

"Barbie, where are you guys? You're taking forever", Renee's concerned face turned to an immediate smirk as she wiggled her eyebrows, "I take it that your date is going that well you just forgot about us, huh?"