Chapter Fourteen: The Gloves are Off

"So, we're all clear on the plan?"

Teresa saluted to Lazlo, who turned into a tomato. He cleared his throat to collect his embarrassment and pushed his glasses up.

"Just to recap... Phase 1: Teresa will be with Ken on the South side of the building in full gear incognito. Renee and Patricia will take North", he continued.

"Patricia said she would meet us there to cover over Phase 2, which is infiltration of the exits from both sides", Renee added.

"And Phase 3?"

Zoe narrowed her eyes at the screen in response to Ken's question, "We take Dunbar alive"

She turned to the group as they stood by for more orders. Zoe sighed and instructed them to be safe.

"The last thing we need is more agents in the medical bay. Please keep your communications open at all times. Cameras on and activated, as well"

The Spy Squad plus Ken nodded. Agent Zee continued again, "If there is anything out of the ordinary that would make you pause your progression into the building, then you pause. Do NOT continue. Do NOT engage when unnecessary. Do NOT take revenge out on your own"

That last part was directed mostly towards Ken as Zoe deliberately stared right into his eyes, knowing full well what the man was capable of doing in regards to exacting vengeance for his girlfriend.

Ken gulped and nodded, understanding but not necessarily promising...

Zoe clasped her hands behind her back and wished them good luck.

"Good luck, Spy Squad. Good luck, Ken. We will see you all soon with Dunbar in custody... then the real 'fun' begins..."

****

TIME SKIP:

Currently they were in a helicopter headed to their destination.

After around one hour and thirty minutes they were there.

"Renee, are you in position?" Teresa whispered in her earpiece.

"Yeah...Patricia is here as well," Renee replied.

Teresa nodded her head.

"Alright then...we're ready for phase two."

With that they entered the building.

What they didn't know was that another blonde spy decided to rebel and now she was at the south side of the building and when they entered the building she followed them...careful not to be seen.

As they kept on going they finally spotted Dunbar.

He was on a phone call with someone.

"What do you mean that the job isn't done?!" he hissed, "Those two are supposed to be dead by now."

Ken glared at the man from where he was hiding.

He clenched his fists.

Teresa placed a hand on his shoulder to calm him down.

Ken shook his head trying to clear his mind.

The sooner we get this done with, the sooner everything will be resolved. And Barbie would be safe.

"Alright, fine! I give you until tomorrow night to finish the job....if you don't until then....I'll turn your worst nightmares to reality," Dunbar said over the phone threateningly.

With that he hung up.

Then he rolled his eyes.

"Idiots! It's better if I finish the job myself," he muttered to himself.